Its Time

wildcard

6 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Westburg, Henderson and Vavra are all ready for major league playing time.  If we want to deal from our position of strength, then the guys we should be shopping are Urias and Mateo.   

I'm fine with selling Urias for the right price (although I'm a big fan of him).  If we are still in contention in late September, Mateo's speed will be crucial.  You don't get rid of plus-plus-plus tools.

Just now, waroriole said:

Matt Harvey?

I would look outside and see if they can find someone who is a 5th SP type who would come cheap. Have a month before 2 extra roster spots in September. Harvey is always an option.  

Harvey may get a look but I’m looking outside the organization. 

20 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Westburg, Henderson and Vavra are all ready for major league playing time.  If we want to deal from our position of strength, then the guys we should be shopping are Urias and Mateo.   

Since June 26, Westburg has a 29.0% strike out rate, 4.0% walk rate, 55 wRC+, and .590 OPS in AAA (with a .286 BABIP). I’m not sure Westburg is ready. He’s certainly not an upgrade over Mateo or Urias.

Henderson been good over the same stretch despite a 28.1% strike out rate, with a 7.9% walk rate, 155 WRC+, and .983 OPS. 

Vavra isn’t playing on the left side of the infield, and I think the organization views him as a utility player given how he was deployed in Norfolk. 

I’m not trading Urias and Mateo right now, particularly Mateo without another plus defensive SS other than Ortiz at AA or above. Henderson at 3rd with Urias at second and Mateo SS makes a lot of sense, but I don’t think the organization will call up Henderson this season.

• Upvote 1