A lot of Elias notes/quotes

interloper

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Do we really need to sign any FAs for just actually call up our top prospects?  I guess we could use 1-2 mid rotation arms. 

We could absolutely use a TOR if we're looking to compete as soon as next year. I have high hopes for Grayson / Hall, but neither is likely ready to carry the number of innings we'll need to make a real run at the division. Means is also coming off of an injury that likely limits his total output. 

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Have to basically get rid of Santander, Hays, or Mullins to make room for Stowers right?   Seems like that isn't going to be easy to do for the remainder of this season.

Not really, you have the DH you can utilize to get at bats, mostly Santander getting those DH at bats, but share them to give guys a day off from playing the OF.  All of this makes perfect sense until you throw the wrench of adding Phillips into the mix which makes absolutely zero sense.  Which is why Elias comment about trying to add major league pieces but not getting a deal done makes me believe even more so than before that Mullins or Hays was on the block yesterday but a deal fell through.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

If its "lift off" from here and you want tp spend in the offseason, get the kids up now.  You can't lift off if you are giving at bats and roster spots to Odor, Nevin, Baker, Phillips, et al...

I don't think Baker should be lumped in with those others.  He has a 2.75 FIP.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Do we really need to sign any FAs for just actually call up our top prospects?  I guess we could use 1-2 mid rotation arms. 

The pitching could use some supplemental help from outside the organization when it comes to the starting rotation. Otherwise, I agree it's time to start getting more aggressive calling up prospects. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There’s no room for Stowers on the roster at the moment. No point for him to come up and not play everyday. The only path for ABs for him in an injury or if we cut bait with Odor and Vavra is the 2B. 

Hopefully, we sweep one for the Gipper today while TB and Tor are beating up on each other. 

Odor really is the sticking point to a lot of things right now. I find it hard to believe we are going to stick with him this whole season, but there's no indication he's on the way out. I imagine these conversations Mike mentioned about Stowers coming up involved telling Hyde it's going to come at the expense of Odor.