Odor taking grounders at 3b

seak05

3 hours ago, forphase1 said:

He's bad all around.  He's worse with the bat than with the glove, but the glove is very over rated here on the OH.  Most of the fielding metrics have him a slightly below average to poor.  

DWAR hates him but I can't figure it out. He seems to make all the plays including turning the double play. Can anyone say what he is doing wrong besides "his defense sucks" and then point to his dWAR? Not that I doubt the metric but there is a pretty big gap between what I see and the metric.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

DWAR hates him but I can't figure it out. He seems to make all the plays including turning the double play. Can anyone say what he is doing wrong besides "his defense sucks" and then point to his dWAR? Not that I doubt the metric but there is a pretty big gap between what I see and the metric.

I’ve seen him stay back on some balls that a simple aggressive approach would have resulted in an out (once) or play that wasn’t nearly as close (a few times).

And I don’t get to watch very often.