D. J. Stewart

Gentile4

I see he went 0 for 4 w/4 K's at Norfolk, and I wonder is there a reality in which the O's are desperate enough to recall him to the ML. If not, why is he taking AB's away from legitimate prospects. Between Hays, Mullins, Santander, McKenna, Phillips, and Stowers, aren't we pretty well covered in the outfield? I think I would rather have DIaz than Stewart if it came to that.

He is a AAAA player without any defensive position that he plays well.  I dont ever want to see him again in Baltimore.  I remember watching one of his first games here and he dove for a fly ball at the wrong moment and the ball hit him in the head and gave him a concussion and he missed a week or so of games.  I knew right then the was not a big leaguer. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

So you saw he had a bad day one day — did you see that today he’s 2 for 2 with a homer and 3 RBI?   Did you see that he has a .972 OPS?   That is more relevant than what he does in any one game.   Whose at bats is he taking away exactly?

Diaz, because we all are waiting on him to fulfill his tremendous promise.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So you saw he had a bad day one day — did you see that today he’s 2 for 2 with a homer and 3 RBI?   Did you see that he has a .972 OPS?   That is more relevant than what he does in any one game.   Whose at bats is he taking away exactly?

Actually I saw dozens of bad days when Stewart was in Baltimore. The bad day I mentioned merely got me thinking about why he's still in our system. You don't think Haskin's ready for AAA? How about Cowser? Or Adam Hall, though he's rehabbing an injury. 

Edited by Gentile4
Accuracy

8 minutes ago, ManciniFan said:

He’s 4 for 4 with 2 homers and 4 RBI’s today, what a bum!

He is a streaky hitter that can not play defense at any position at even a sub par level .  He is awful in the outfield.  He can hit .400 in AAA and I would still never want to see him again in Baltimore.  He cant play.

Watched some of the Mets-Phillies game today and it just made me glad the O's value outfield defense.  The Mets scored 4 runs in an inning while barely hitting the ball past the infield.  There was a series of bloops and seeing eye singles.  There were 2 outs, so runners were running on contact.  It wasn't the actual catches, although a hard ground ball was misplayed by the center fielder, but the throws.  Guys who would have been out by 20 feet w/ Hays or even Mullins playing were scoring easily.  On the center field single, the base runner on 2nd was hitting 3rd when the center fielder finally recovered the ball and tossed the ball to an infielder (the kind of toss a player does when the play is over).  The runner who had just crossed 3rd kept running to home and scored when the catcher couldn't handle the throw.  Just hard to watch baseball.  Must be miserable for Philly fans.