Wednesday afternoon August 17: Orioles try to sweep their way back into wild card position

SteveA

5 minutes ago, justD said:

I don't understand people questioning Hyde whenever we rest Rutschman. 

I don't think people disagree that he needs an off day here and there. I think the issue is today's game against Toronto is a harder game to win (and also an extremely important game) compared to tomorrow against the Cubs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

For me it's his decision to sit both ADLEY and Vavra since they're our two most disciplined hitters.  Our lineup isn't really making Stripling work at all either.  

He's thrown a pretty high % of strikes.   I don't think patience would be helping us that much today against him.

2 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

I don't think people disagree that he needs an off day here and there. I think the issue is today's game against Toronto is a harder game to win (and also an extremely important game) compared to tomorrow against the Cubs. 

Day game after a night game, and he hasn’t had a full day off in a while. Can’t only have one player on the roster you can rely on to get a hit 

• Like 1