Thursday, August 25: Homestand ends in rubber match vs White Sox

SteveA

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He looks like a bench player. 

Maybe. His arm definitely doesn’t play on the left side of the infield and he’s not a burner. I hope I’m wrong about him, but after his hit start, I saw someone on the board refer to him as the second best hitter on the team, and that was crazy to me.

8 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Way too many games where this lineup is shutdown. 

Yes. The pitching staff doesn’t have a lot of Marvin for error when you have 3 hits.

I know they are going to get a TOR starter for next year. I hope they can find a high BA/OBP guy somewhere too.

Just now, Sydnor said:

Maybe. His arm definitely doesn’t play on the left side of the infield and he’s not a burner. I hope I’m wrong about him, but after his hit start, I saw someone on the board refer to him as the second best hitter on the team, and that was crazy to me.

He was the new guy and he got on base right away. It’s almost like baseball is hard. 

That said if you want to be a bench player you have to field.  

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yikes, really terrible pitch by Tate. Not sure why you are throwing three pitches in a row to a good hitter with the tie run on 3B

Just an awful, awful sequence. He should not have gotten anything over the plate. If you are going to give him the steady diet of sliders they better be good.