Roch: Gunnar and Hall heading to Cleveland to join taxi squad (Update: Gunnar added to 26-man roster on 8/31)

Brooks The Great

Same here. At least it's getting closer to happening. Guessing it'll happen on Thursday now when rosters expand. Then use the loophole of replacing an injured player to be eligible. Although after tonight eligibility is looking less and less relevant..

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Twitter: 

What does this mean for their playoff eligibility? I'm so confused as to why Gunnar wasn't called up sooner. And why just the taxi squad now.

My understanding is that this means they are post-season eligible and can be activated in the event of an injury. They'll be in the dugout and participate in workouts with the team. I could be wrong though... 

5 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Oh wait just remembered wasn't Roch the one who said Henderson would be called up last week? I'll believe it when I see them there in person. 

Hopefully the source this time isn’t some rando Twitter account. 

I think it’s real, but I need to see Gunnar in an O’s uniform before I get excited. 

10 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

My understanding is that this means they are post-season eligible and can be activated in the event of an injury. They'll be in the dugout and participate in workouts with the team. I could be wrong though... 

Remind me, but hasn't every call up this year sat on the bench the first day? Weird but whatever. Everyone has their method.

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hopefully the source this time isn’t some rando Twitter account. 

I think it’s real, but I need to see Gunnar in an O’s uniform before I get excited. 

I admit I got fooled again this morning for about 2 minutes before thinking it through! This time I believe it’s real. And about as significant as Stowers in Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Remind me, but hasn't every call up this year sat on the bench the first day? Weird but whatever. Everyone has their method.

I can see the benefit as I'm sure they're very nervous and it's a much larger stage than they're used to, but if it's me, put me in coach!