Roch: Gunnar and Hall heading to Cleveland to join taxi squad (Update: Gunnar added to 26-man roster on 8/31)

Brooks The Great

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

So they will be with the team, but they don't play unless someone has covid? 

By design. Sit, watch, relax, observe and enjoy the game on your first day. They get activated before midnight. Think the 60 day IL game gets reserved for Grayson a couple weeks from now.

Just now, jrobb21613 said:

That's what I thought. I know Hall is already a part of the 40 man, so that leaves Gunnar. I would think they would want Gunnar post season eligible, so he has to be added by 11:59 tomorrow night.

From what I read they don't count towards the 40 man,  it doesn't count towards service time, and  they only get the MLB per diem (Hundred bucks give or take), so they won't get their pay raise bump until they are actually activated to the 26 (or 28) man roster. 

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

From what I read they don't count towards the 40 man,  it doesn't count towards service time, and  they only get the MLB per diem (Hundred bucks give or take), so they won't get their pay raise bump until they are actually activated to the 26 (or 28) man roster. 

That's my understanding as well. I'm hoping both get the call tomorrow before the deadline and then I'd like to see Westburg and Zimmerman get added when rosters expand to 28 sept 1. Wishful thinking I know.

Vespi, Garcia and Nevin all coming off in the coming days / weeks for sure. + 2 slots is 5 additions. Gunnar, Hall, T. Wells, 3rd catcher, and Grayson. Two weeks that will ultimately be our final playoff push moves.

One of Grayson / Wells taking starter / opener spot. One to the pen as setup for Bautista. Watkins to long relief

Edited by oh-wee-ohs
  • Like 1

Hall is already on the 40, and Gunnar is in the organization. If the Orioles need them in the playoffs, they’ll be on the roster. 

My guess is they’re flying to Cleveland, so that they can be added on sept 1, without making a one day trip. That said my guess is Gunnar makes his debut during a home game. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NCRaven said:

First, you don’t have to be on the 40 man to be on the taxi squad.  Second, rosters expand on Thursday.  Gunnar will be added to the roster and they’ll both be added to the 28 man.  Everyone needs to chill.

Well the good news is that the Os aren’t playing any meaningful games and are IF is loaded with talent, so there’s no rush to bring him up!