Roch: Gunnar and Hall heading to Cleveland to join taxi squad (Update: Gunnar added to 26-man roster on 8/31)

Brooks The Great

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There’s no way Gunnar was surprised by this.  He had to know why he was being called into the manager’s office.   

So?  The whole give and take in the office looks genuine to me.   I'm sure he may have had a feeling or hoped for it doesn't look staged or anything.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

There’s no way Gunnar was surprised by this.  He had to know why he was being called into the manager’s office.   

I don't know.  It looks like he called out to him when he walked past his office.  I'd think that kind of spontaneous interaction happens somewhat regularly.

7 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

Okay, I'll say it. Bringing Gunnar up may in fact hurt the O's playoff chances. While I agree that he should be up let's not pretend that it is not more likely that he struggles for a few or even several weeks, like most do when first promoted. He may, in fact hit at Odor/Mountcastle levels for an extended time. Again, I am saying that he should be up, he should get the lion's share to the playing time and it is better for his and the O's long term success for him to make his debut but he is likely not going to perform at a level of being a savior. 

An upvote for the contrarian. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why would I want to be in a group of curmudgeons?  I don't like friendly people for goodness sake, miserable folk like myself?  No thanks.

Hmmm... I suppose curmudgeons could unite without actually ever encountering each other.  

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Buck did a good job of downplaying it I thought. Gunnar looked like he was off to get his burgers and Buck caught him off guard, at least for a second. He has probably talked to the manager dozens of times this week never knowing if this one could be the one.