Cubs trade DeRosa to Indians; Does this mean Pie for Olson back on??

section36

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mets would love to have Roberts, I'm sure. Their problem is that they're stuck with Luis Castillo, who they dramatically overpaid. I'm thinking Roberts for Castillo, prospects and a good bit of cash.

I have always thought Roberts would be a good fit for the Mets.

Jon Niese Daniel Murphy Nick Evans and Scott Moviel for Roberts + scott

I have always thought Roberts would be a good fit for the Mets.

Jon Niese Daniel Murphy Nick Evans and Scott Moviel for Roberts + scott

That would be giving up on Luis Castillo, though, and the Mets aren't willing to do that with his contract. IMO, the only way the Mets trade for a 2B is if the other team is willing to take up a significant portion of Castillo's contract.

So does waiting for MacPhail to make a genuine push to improve this team for the future.

How long did it take the Rays to become a play off team? You can't blame Andy for the years we did nothing to improve our farm system before he got here. That stink falls on the previous administration, who I believe some on this board wishes was still here to funnel them info.

Nah, we're only in Year 2 of the "5 Year Plan." AM should be allowed to do whatever he wants for the next few years, no questions asked. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's like people are giving him all the time he needs because he ripped off two of the worst GMs in the sport.

Well guess what, there's only one Ed Wade and Bavasi is no longer a GM, and nobody else wants to get ripped off again, so I wouldn't hold your breath...

Like I've said before the only thing that MacPhail has going for him is the ear of Peter Angelos, but just because Angelos will listen to him doesn't make him a good GM. The Cubs didn't do that great under his watch let's remember...

How long did it take the Rays to become a play off team? You can't blame Andy for the years we did nothing to improve our farm system before he got here. That stink falls on the previous administration, who I believe some on this board wishes was still here to funnel them info.

If not for that "previous administration," we wouldn't have the top position prospect in all of baseball in our farm system.

Also don't forget, the Rays' GM has been there for 3 years, which is about twice as long as MacPhail has had with us.

Archived