Yusnial Diaz outrighted to Norfolk, off 40-man roster, elects free agency

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Yeah, I agree. Hanifee was limited this year after TJ surgery. It seemed, if we are to believe Twitter, that he was coming back very strong with mid to high 90’s FB.

He was on a good trajectory with his sinker/slider mix until 2019. I was curious if his stall was from coaching trying to change him to a 4S up in the zone guy. Good luck to all of them, wherever they land.

Never saw that velocity. He was 91-93, when I watched him with very mediocre offspeed pitches. If he was mid to high 90s I'm pretty sure the Orioles would have added him to the 40-man. 

As for Diaz, he just never developed the ability to have a plan at the plate. His tools had degraded over the years as well and while he would show flashes, he clearly never developed the ability to stay healthy and be consistent.

He's a guy that probably needs a fresh start, but I just wasn't impressed over the last 2-3 years to have any concern over losing him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Never saw that velocity. He was 91-93, when I watched him with very mediocre offspeed pitches. If he was mid to high 90s I'm pretty sure the Orioles would have added him to the 40-man. 

What we saw on Twitter was at a workout post-TJ. I don’t think it was Driveline or Tread, but another similar facility. It wasn’t even “pull-downs,” it was off a mound. I believe it was several pitches 96-97, IIRC. Someone posted it here too.

Edit: Come to think of it, that video may have been before the TJ. Either way, good luck to him. 

Edited by Jammer7