Pushing hard for Baldelli (but were unsuccessful)

bigbird

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Sox have soured somewhat on Ellsbury seeing as Crisp became the full time CFer...

I mean, he still started 129 games between the 3 outfield positions last season - I doubt Baldelli would start ahead of him in center.

We've got pitchers we can dump...

There should be plenty of room for a player like Baldelli.

Eh. I'm a Baldelli fan and have been for a few years, but this would be a one-year contract. It's not a big deal if we miss out. I'd rather just let Reimold have a chance at a starting job so we can see what we've got.

I think it is a little short-sighted to say... can he play 1B - or - we don't need another OF? We need as many buy low/high reward players that we can can get our hands on. Do we know that he can play 1B? No. Is it worth the chance when a player with this potential talent at his age - yes. If he can't we know he can DH and the OF.

To be honest, I have been saying it since the first day of the offseason that we should target Baldelli and players like him this winter. If he goes to Boston - which it sounds like he will - it will piss me off more than the Tex signing. We should have been talking to Rocco on October 1st - not waiting until January 7th.

Eh. I'm a Baldelli fan and have been for a few years, but this would be a one-year contract. It's not a big deal if we miss out. I'd rather just let Reimold have a chance at a starting job so we can see what we've got.

I know what you mean but Rocco is still pretty young.

Archived