“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I know you're joking but it feels like some people think Ortiz can. Personally I am skeptical of any Orioles SS not named Gunnar Henderson putting up serious WAR numbers. 

I'm referring to the poster who very early this morning suggested that Jordan was a decent shot to match that level of production and that it was a "fact" that Gunnar would.

I'm as big a Gunnar advocate as you are likely to find but I do realize that even he isn't a lock.  (143/308/238 over his last 14 games for instance)  Baseball is really hard.

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

I know you're joking but it feels like some people think Ortiz can. Personally I am skeptical of any Orioles SS not named Gunnar Henderson putting up serious WAR numbers. 

Coby Mayo said on a podcast that Ortiz is definitely the best infielder in the system. I'm sure he was referring to defense. I just think it's noteworthy because I hear nothing but people gushing about this kid's glove. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LookinUp said:

Coby Mayo said on a podcast that Ortiz is definitely the best infielder in the system. I'm sure he was referring to defense. I just think it's noteworthy because I hear nothing but people gushing about this kid's glove. 

You can rack up a lot of WAR with a slick glove and an adequate bat.

Andrelton Simmons is at 37.1 rWAR despite an 87 OPS+.

22 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Ortiz seems to be the hidden gem of the system. I also wonder if it’s possible Westburg can be a corner OF if needed. Obviously potential trade candidates.