Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

4 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Right.  Eight million a year you would have to assume he starts at second.  He was decent on the Pirates, could be a good bounce back candidate.  But you would think this means Urias gets traded, or Mateo gets traded and Gunnar goes to SS.  Just a strange move for a team that seems hesitant to add players at positions they actually needed. 

On surface doesn’t add up. Would also think if a trade is in works it happens soon. Can’t imagine you agree to a deal for down the road possibilities. 

If it does not push a trade they could use  him in a super utility type role but for $8M he would have to play 130+ games a year. 

Just now, interloper said:

Option A) They're just running it back, but with the addition of Gunnar. Urias gets the playing time shaft. 

Option B) There's a trade in the works involving Urias or Mateo. 

Urias glove alone is valuable. No way should he be on bench. 

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I think it makes Urias kind of redundant so hopefully this was done to let them trade him for some pitching help. Otherwise I honestly don't know hat Elias is doing. Frazier has had some solid OBP years in his past, so maybe that's why they were interested in him? 

Urias to Marlins for who?  Or package obviously.  

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

But if you are on a budget why are you spending 8M for that?

I think they are on a "just don't spend $30 mil over a bunch of years" budget. There were always more moves coming, it's just that we came to understand it would be short terms moves instead of what we hoped.