Mets, Rays Extend Players

Can_of_corn

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, it looks like they are trying to get at least one more deal done.

It's frustrating to watch.

Cleveland always has done a lot of these, going back to the days of Carlos Baerga.  I’m not frustrated by this but I’d love to see the Orioles find some deals to do.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Cleveland always has done a lot of these, going back to the days of Carlos Baerga.  I’m not frustrated by this but I’d love to see the Orioles find some deals to do.  

I don't recall that many since the last ownership change (2011) but I might just be forgetting some.

Pirates are also in talks with at least one of their guys.

Of the 30 existing pre-Arb extensions signed previously, 13 were with players originally signed as international amateurs, including 6 of the top 10 largest deals, and 10 of the top 20.  It’s been pretty hard to get drafted players to sign pre-Arb extensions.  The Strider ($75 mm) and Harris ($72 mm) deals are the largest existing ones to a drafted pre-Arb player.  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of the 30 existing pre-Arb extensions signed previously, 13 were with players originally signed as international amateurs, including 6 of the top 10 largest deals, and 10 of the top 20.  It’s been pretty hard to get drafted players to sign pre-Arb extensions.  The Strider ($75 mm) and Harris ($72 mm) deals are the largest existing ones to a drafted pre-Arb player.  

13 out of 30, 6 out of 10 and 10 out of 20 sounds equivalent.

I will admit I'm not sure on what the breakdown is on International versus drafted when it comes to the raw number of players teams would want to sign to this type of deal.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

13 out of 30, 6 out of 10 and 10 out of 20 sounds equivalent.

I will admit I'm not sure on what the breakdown is on International versus drafted when it comes to the raw number of players teams would want to sign to this type of deal.

International amateurs make up about 30% of major league rosters.  

• 2 weeks later...