Spring Training TV & Radio Broadcasts

rm5678

Still waiting for MASN to officially release their ST broadcast schedule, but the MLB TV schedule shows some games on O's radio and one on TV. Several teams have already released their TV/radio schedules. Here's a list of every O's game I've found so far that will be broadcast on either TV or radio:

Sat 2/25 (1pm) vs Twins in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sun 2/26 (1pm) at Tigers in Lakeland (O's radio and Tigers radio)

Wed 3/1 (1pm) vs Blue Jays in Sarasota (SportsNet radio or live stream audio on sportsnet.ca)

Thur 3/2 (1pm) at Tigers in Lakeland (Tigers radio))

Fri 3/3 (6pm) vs Pirates in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sat 3/4 (1pm) vs Braves in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sun 3/5 (1pm) at Rays in St Pete (O's radio)

Mon 3/6 (1pm) vs Phillies in Sarasota (MLB.com Phillies broadcast - audio only?)

Thur 3/9 (1pm) at Phillies in Clearwater (NBC Sports Phil+)

Sat 3/11 (1pm) at Blue Jays in Dunedin (SportsNet TV and O's radio)

Sun 3/12 (1pm) vs Red Sox in Sarasota (O's radio)

Mon 3/13 (1pm) at Braves in North Port (Braves radio)

Thur 3/16 (6pm) vs Blue Jays in Sarasota (SportsNet radio or live stream audio on sportsnet.ca)

Sat 3/18 (1pm) at Red Sox in Fort Myers (MASN2 and O's radio)

Sun 3/19 (1pm) vs Pirates in Sarasota (O's radio)

Mon 3/20 (1pm) at Phillies in Clearwater (NBC Sports Phil+)

Wed 3/22 (1pm) at Blue Jays in Dunedin (SportsNet TV)

Fri 3/24 (6pm) vs Yankees in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sat 3/25 (6pm) at Pirates in Bradenton (O's radio)

Sun 3/26 (1pm) vs Phillies in Sarasota (O's radio & Phillies radio)

Odd that just one game is showing on MASN. Even last year with the shortened ST, there were 3 games on MASN.

The Blue Jays are televising all their home games and will be adding some of their road games to their TV Schedule, so hopefully those will include the 3/1 and 3/16 games in Sarasota.

The Pirates normally televise a bunch of games, and we will be playing the Pirates 6 times this spring.  Their schedule is not out yet.

Please feel free to add any more that you find.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If enough fans start tuning into the Spring Training games then next year they will televise more of them.

Blue Jays, Red Sox, Cubs, & probably others are televising the majority of their ST games.

If MASN would televise every O's game, I'd watch them all.

Edited by rm5678

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

Red Sox released their schedule today. They are televising the March 21st game from Ed Smith Stadium on NESN 360. Not sure if that will be available on MLB TV.

Looks like the 3/21 game will be available on MLB TV, it's showing up on their schedule now.

Edited by rm5678

6 hours ago, Going Underground said:

MASN should release their spring training tv schedule sometime this week.. Before Covid they usually released the schedule on February 13th or 14th. They televised seven spring training games in 2020.

I'm looking forward to that, and I certainly hope they'll televise more than one game this spring. Seven would be nice. It's weird that only one MASN game (March 18th) is currently showing on MLB TV.

• Like 1

I genuinely hope that once ownership feel it’s time for “liftoff” that they also invest more money on the MASN front. Send the broadcast team to all games, broadcast more ST games, do a proper pre- and post-game show, pay for on-air talent. It’s part and parcel of engaging the fan base. Some of their cost-cutting measures the past few years were frankly embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I genuinely hope that once ownership feel it’s time for “liftoff” that they also invest more money on the MASN front. Send the broadcast team to all games, broadcast more ST games, do a proper pre- and post-game show, pay for on-air talent. It’s part and parcel of engaging the fan base. Some of their cost-cutting measures the past few years were frankly embarrassing.

I agree with you 100% on all of that.

50 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I don't remember the Orioles ever doing an away spring training game on MASN.Might be wrong. Red Sox at Ed Smith makes sense. They usually get both the Red Sox and Yankees for at least a home game on TV.

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I think liftoff was scrubbed and grounded this year. Heard it had something to do with the O-rings.

Heard they also might finally do some away spring training Oriole games.But it depends if China can get any of their balloons or cylindrical objects through US airspace to Florida. The balloon shots would be amazing. Director in China might cause a little problem but John made a great deal. The Roch in Space blog would be interesting. Steve Melewski would not be able to go up due to weight restrictions. 

Edited by Going Underground
  • Upvote 1