Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

First AAA homer.

11 or 12 games left (including the best of 3 playoff series for which Norfolk already qualified as first-half winners).

Can they please get the kid a helmet that fits?  I counted 5 times he adjusted his helmet while rounding the bases (and that doesn't count the handful of seconds the camera was on the ball clearing the fence and not him).

10 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

He's going to end up with 100 ABs in AAA this year.  I wonder if they bring him up after the AAA season ends for some fanfare in the last week of the season.  

I doubt it unless there's a player on the 40 man who will need to be moved to the 60 day IL at the end of the season. Assuming Kjerstad is coming up for Mountcastle the Orioles already have to make a move to the 40 man to add Kjerstad.

I wouldn't complain if Holliday got called up, I just don't see it happening.

45 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Can they please get the kid a helmet that fits?  I counted 5 times he adjusted his helmet while rounding the bases (and that doesn't count the handful of seconds the camera was on the ball clearing the fence and not him).

Sorry man, no helmet can contain his flow.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Announcer said "into the jet stream" on the Holliday HR call, and Savant has it 47 degree launch angle, 98.3 exit velocity and 316 feet.

I'm glad its in the books but probably fair to say wind-aided wall scraper.

Mountcastle's sudden absence does though stir the pot for all of the organization's best Bats.

No way that’s 316 feet.  It’s 318 down the RF line there and that ball was hit to strsightaway RF, maybe even a hit towards the alley.  Had to have been 340-360 at least. 

• Upvote 1