2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

42 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get the idea of not giving Adley a day off, especially since he is slumping.

I think he’s looked better at the plate the last two days. He’s only 2 for 9, but he hit about 3 balls to the warning track/LF Death Valley, and didn’t strike out in either game.  

I have to think a day off is coming very soon though.  We are 5 days into a stretch where we are playing 18 times in 19 days.  

Let's see how close I can get to tomorrow's actual lineup against Wentz. Based on the the stats and history, if Hays can't play then this is what I got vs the lefty...

1. Mateo SS

2. Rutchman DH

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander RF

5. Urias 2B

6. Henderson 3B

7. McCann C

8. Mullins CF

9. McKenna LF

I'm not confident that Brandon Hyde would play Mateo in the leadoff spot, but I would love to see it!

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Let's see how close I can get to tomorrow's actual lineup against Wentz. Based on the the stats and history, if Hays can't play then this is what I got vs the lefty...

1. Mateo SS

2. Rutchman DH

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander RF

5. Urias 2B

6. Henderson 3B

7. McCann C

8. Mullins CF

9. McKenna LF

I'm not confident that Brandon Hyde would play Mateo in the leadoff spot, but I would love to see it!

If Hays is out, Mullins will bat leadoff

On 4/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get the idea of not giving Adley a day off, especially since he is slumping.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:09 PM, Frobby said:

I think he’s looked better at the plate the last two days. He’s only 2 for 9, but he hit about 3 balls to the warning track/LF Death Valley, and didn’t strike out in either game.  

I have to think a day off is coming very soon though.  We are 5 days into a stretch where we are playing 18 times in 19 days.  

I think it's very likely Saturday is Adley's first full day off. Day game after a night game, lefty pitcher for McCann. Could be tomorrow, but so far they seem to have planned things for Adley to catch Grayson's starts. 

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I think it's very likely Saturday is Adley's first full day off. Day game after a night game, lefty pitcher for McCann. Could be tomorrow, but so far they seem to have planned things for Adley to catch Grayson's starts. 

Tomorrow looks a rainout but weather forecasts are unreliable. Would probably get a game  off if a doubleheader Saturday or Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Dude needs a break.  But it's also hard, I mean if he's on the bench and there's a late and close situation where you need a pinch hitter...what are you gonna do?  Not pinch hit him?