2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

3 straight games of Santander not in RF.   Kind of plays into a Cowser conspiracy theory.   I think Vavra is on the Stowers program and although he had a key hit last night he turned a catchable ball into a double as well. I like Vavra’s approach but he’s got no speed or power and his defense doesn’t seem to be ML average anywhere.  

For those who don't believe Hyde makes the lineup, do you REALLY think the Sig-bot would put Vavra in RF and Tony at 1B. Why not MAteo in CF, Hays in RF and Mullins in LF if you don't want to use McKenna? At least Mateo had some prior MLB experience there, as opposed to these 2 moves. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

And Cowser not in the Norfolk lineup tonight.  Hmmmmmmm…..

They seem to have one night off each week and it’s usually the same day of the week.  Not sure what Cowsers usual day off is.

Hmmm.  I think it’s usually Sunday.  Hmmm.

Edited by RZNJ

Only problem with that is tomorrow's starting pitcher is Tyler Anderson. Tyler Anderson is left handed. Colton Cowser is left handed. The Orioles shy away from left handed batter vs left handed pitcher matchups. Especially for players who have never had a single plate appearance in the major leagues.

I would be surprised if they called Cowser up and put him in the lineup tomorrow.  The lineup is going to be a day of Right Handed batters getting their playing time, as well as McCann getting a start. It's a day game/travel day, so Adley should get a day of rest. And with a LHP on the mound, all signs point to James McCann getting the start.

The Orioles will need Adley and the other starting staples of the lineup fresh and ready to go against division rival Toronto Blue Jays, who are only 2 games behind the Orioles and it's a 3 game series.

Oh and good news.... the Mets just came back and beat the Rays tonight!

Hyde finally pings on the fact that Cedric is hitting lefties well this year and keeps him at leadoff vs a LHP.

Gunnar gets his first day off in a while, Ortiz at 3rd.

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Adley Rutschman (S) C
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) DH
5. Austin Hays (R) LF
6. Ryan McKenna (R) RF
7. Jorge Mateo (R) SS
8. Adam Frazier (L) 2B
9. Joey Ortiz (R) 3B
  • Upvote 1