2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Mountcastle against a RHP batting 5th is just dumb

Frazier should be at DH, Urias at 3B and Westburg at 2B

Nice that Hyde is comfortable enough with how the season is going that he doesn't think he has to put his best team on the field.

You look at tonight. Hyde isn’t. Hyde would not tell you this is best line up. But Hyde understands that he needs to keep everyone involved and everyone rested. 

Also…I am absolutely certain that Sigbot has input into lineup. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, foxfield said:

You look at tonight. Hyde isn’t. Hyde would not tell you this is best line up. But Hyde understands that he needs to keep everyone involved and everyone rested. 

Also…I am absolutely certain that Sigbot has input into lineup. 

I agree with the first part but Hyde'r would NEVER admit that, lol. Hyde has done a great job with keeping everyone involved and  relatively happy so that = good clubhouse. There is NO WAY the SigBot would play Frazier over Westburg at 2B or Westburg over Urias at 3B defensively. This kid of lineup construction is entirely on Hyde in my opinion. Cowser in CF is an evaluation that could be SigBot but I am not 100% sure Hayes is healthy given they didn't IL him pre-AS game as a favor. Don't stress him in CF. I gladly admit I am on a island re: Hyde.

1 hour ago, terpoh said:

My prediction for today:

LF Hays
DH Adley
RF Santander
1B Mountcastle
CF Hicks
3B Urias
C McCann
2B Westburg
SS Mateo

After seeing Adley just lazy swipe at bad pitches yesterday instead of try to block them like a Catcher normally does, I'd be perfect fine with seeing James McCann play today and letting the veteran work with Grayson Rodriguez. I'm not sure if Adley is getting worn out or not.

There's also a good chance they might try to keep Gunnar in the lineup though, because they kept him in against the last lefty lineup, and he hit a home run.  It seems like they want to keep trying to allow him to develop against left handed pitching.

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

After seeing Adley just lazy swipe at bad pitches yesterday instead of try to block them like a Catcher normally does, I'd be perfect fine with seeing James McCann play today and letting the veteran work with Grayson Rodriguez. I'm not sure if Adley is getting worn out or not.

There's also a good chance they might try to keep Gunnar in the lineup though, because they kept him in against the last lefty lineup, and he hit a home run.  It seems like they want to keep trying to allow him to develop against left handed pitching.

Yea my biggest question mark when constructing my Hyde prediction was DH'ing Adley or Gunnar. Its been a while since theyve given Gunnar a day off and I could see them doing it with probably the toughest lefty in the league on the mound. Just wish it wasnt the same day that Mounty, McCann, Mateo, Urias are all playing.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Good point on Adley.  He’s gotten lazy on pitch blocking.  Wieters tried to glove everything too but he was better at it.   Adley should be using the body on most of the 55 footers and keeping the ball close.   It’s disappointing to see how many pitches are bouncing past and away from him.  More than it should be.

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I didn't see this so here you go...

For the Orioles
Austin Hays LF
Adley Rutschman DH
Anthony Santander RF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Aaron Hicks CF
Gunnar Henderson 3B
Ramón Urías 2B
James McCann C
Jorge Mateo SS

Grayson Rodriguez RHP

Looks like @terpoh nailed it with the prediction! 👍👍

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Great...Mateo and McCann in the same lineup again.   Stupid.

I'm really hoping the trade deadline works out so that we never have to see Mateo and Frazier regularly in the lineup again. We're probably stuck with Frazier for the rest of the year, but hopefully Mateo gets traded or DFA'd.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Great...Mateo and McCann in the same lineup again.   Stupid.

If you’re ever going to play them, it has to be against lefties — so you’re going to see them together a lot. 

Plus, given how the defense let Grayson down against LAD, I’m not real upset about Hyde putting the best fielders out there for this one. They probably aren’t going to score a ton of runs against McClanahan anyway, no matter who they plug in at the bottom of the lineup.

• Upvote 1