Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

Finished the night at .317/.456/.561 after getting on base all four times.  And remember,  it took him 6 games to get going at the start of the year.   Since then, he’s hitting .374/.504/.677.   

By the way, he’s hitting .304/.467/.604 vs. LHP, despite striking out 10 times in 28 PA against them.  

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Finished the night at .317/.456/.561 after getting on base all four times.  And remember,  it took him 6 games to get going at the start of the year.   Since then, he’s hitting .374/.504/.677.   

By the way, he’s hitting .304/.467/.604 vs. LHP, despite striking out 10 times in 28 PA against them.  

Video game numbers..and he probably comes here as the best COer we have defensively too.

I said in the offseason that he should be here around mid May…and he should be.

The ML roster isn’t too crowded for him. Guys just need to play less.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Video game numbers..and he probably comes here as the best COer we have defensively too.

I think it was pretty clear from Elias’ most recent interview that he’s in no rush to call up Cowser.  And you can sort of see why, with the team winning and Hays, Mullins, Santander and even McKenna all hitting well.  I do think there’s a chance Cowser, after an adjustment period, would outplay any and all of those guys.  But I understand why Elias would be reluctant to mess with what’s working.  Could they give Cowser the Stowers spot and try some timeshare?   Hypothetically yes, but it might irritate players who have been important to the team’s success and who are playing well.  

All I know is, I’d rather have this problem than have to wonder who we can pull out of A ball to replace Luis Matos.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I would say I don’t know if Elias will be able to keep him down till the Super two date, but…. We all know he can. 🥲

See ya in mid June Cowser. Lift off 🚀