Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Going on the IL..damn. That pushes him back.

Hopefully not too bad.  The MiL IL only requires the player to sit out 7 days, right?   Obviously it can be longer if the injury requires.   I’m just saying the decision to IL a minor leaguer for a minor  injury is easier.  

From Google:

Most athletes recover very well after a quadriceps strain. The length of recovery depends on both the severity and the location of the tear in the muscle. A mild strain can take two weeks to heal, while a severe strain can take up to 2 months to heal.

I feel like we'd know if it was severe. So no news is maybe good news?

1 minute ago, interloper said:

From Google:

Most athletes recover very well after a quadriceps strain. The length of recovery depends on both the severity and the location of the tear in the muscle. A mild strain can take two weeks to heal, while a severe strain can take up to 2 months to heal.

How would we know? The Orioles treat any type of injury updates as if they're protecting the nuclear launch codes.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

From Google:

If it was severe they would have put him on the IL immediately.  I think they originally thought it might be a few days and then decided to play it safe.   I don’t think it was even described as a strain.