Umpire Scorecard Thread

Can_of_corn

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Looks like we got the breaks, but didn’t do anything with them.  

Also looked like our pitchers were locating everything in very hittable zones when we needed pitcher's pitches instead.  Too many pitches in the middle of the plate without much break doesn't show up on these scorecards.  Kremer was getting squared up pretty hard from the get-go.......very Austin Voth-like.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

I tried to find this morning because the Red Sox wouldn't shut up about ball/strikes yesterday.   Several close pitches, but most seemed near the line on the TV generated box.   Does this usually take a day to post new game data?

They usually get posted on Twitter around 11am the next day.

1 hour ago, jerios55 said:

I tried to find this morning because the Red Sox wouldn't shut up about ball/strikes yesterday.   Several close pitches, but most seemed near the line on the TV generated box.   Does this usually take a day to post new game data?

I was curious too but couldn't find it.

Cora couldn't STFU in one case because, IIRC, the catcher set up low and away and their pitcher missed completely diagonal across the zone.  The pitch still hit the frame but with the way the catcher reacted, Cora went ballistic because it HAD to be a ball.

IMO, there's no way to tell from the dugout whether a pitch is inside or outside.  High/low? Sure, I can buy that.  But from the dugout perspective I don't think they can tell if a pitch hit a corner.

Anyway, all of that is to say Cora is awful and I hope the umpire scorecard this morning is an A+.

42 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sometimes I wonder how accurate the box is on tv.  The umpire on Sunday looked atrocious.

I think the top of the box is often lower than the actual strike zone.  The top of the box is often shown just barely above the belt, but the rule says the top of the zone is the midpoint betweeen the top of the pants and the top of the shoulders.  So, when you see pitches above the box called strikes, often they really are strikes.  

2 hours ago, jerios55 said:

It’s usually posted in the afternoon some time on the day after the game.