Umpire Scorecard Thread

Can_of_corn

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

All four of those balls that should have been strikes were the first two batters. That's a horrible report

That doesn’t seem correct, since the most impactful missed true strike (per this) was Gillaspie’s 3-2 pitch to Torres.

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

All three of the impactful missed calls hurt the O's, not surprising 

I’d actually forgotten about the Gillaspie pitch.  He didn’t pitch well, but that call certainly exacerbated things.  

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Like the game before it, every one of the three impactful missed calls went against the O's. Will be interesting to track this either against the O's or for the Yankees for the season and see how it plays out. 

Only the first one was impactful at all.  And the overall game impact of +0.23 for NY is much smaller than the average impact in a typical major league  game.  I’d call that a pretty good day for the ump.  

I’m not someone who gets worked up about the umpires very often, but today was horrific.  I’d guess the Yankee pitchers got 15 undeserved strike calls, while the ump was quite stingy with our guys.  Can’t wait to see the scorecard tomorrow on this one.  

• Upvote 1