Umpire Scorecard Thread

Can_of_corn

9 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I honestly thought that was going to be worse for us

I can only guess that the strike zone shown on the TV screen is too stingy, because I would have said that Yankee pitchers had 15 strike calls that were outside the box.  This says there were only 6 called strikes for both teams combined that were actually balls.  

Just now, glenn__davis said:

I missed the non-overturn on the Mateo play.  How egregious was it?  Obviously that's not on the umps at the park but I sure don't seem to understand a lot of the replay reversals and non-reversals.

I don't think it was quite as egregious as the broadcast made it seem, honestly. There's a possibility the runner's heel spikes were on the bag at the same time as Mateo, and therefore not enough to overturn. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

I missed the non-overturn on the Mateo play.  How egregious was it?  Obviously that's not on the umps at the park but I sure don't seem to understand a lot of the replay reversals and non-reversals.

It was awful.  It was clear on replay that he was safe.  Hard to fathom what they were looking at in the replay office.  I'm sure they're looking for anyway to not overturn the calls to help out their brothers in blue.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

It was awful.  It was clear on replay that he was safe.  Hard to fathom what they were looking at in the replay office.  I'm sure they're looking for anyway to not overturn the calls to help out their brothers in blue.

I agree.  I didn't think there was any way he wouldn't be called safe. This wasn't like basketball when there are multiple fingertips touching a ball on its way out of bounds.  This seemed very clear to me. I was honestly shocked they didn't overturn it.  

I think was taking some of his frustrations out from that awful None overturn on the Mateo play that cost them their challenge. They then couldn't use it on the Hays strike to 2B when it appeared they may have gotten the runner. 

I was surprised by how accurate Moore was based on the box last night. I'm thinking the box on MASN may have been off a bit. 

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think was taking some of his frustrations out from that awful None overturn on the Mateo play that cost them their challenge. They then couldn't use it on the Hays strike to 2B when it appeared they may have gotten the runner. 

I was surprised by how accurate Moore was based on the box last night. I'm thinking the box on MASN may have been off a bit. 

Agree completely.  If that play is overturned, which it should've been, they could've challenged the other one.  Since we didn't have a challenge MASN didn't show many replays but it looked clear that Mateo tagged the front foot before the back foot, so he should've been out too.

That one pitch way on the outside was definitely the one Adley caught.  I mentioned it in the Game thread.  Was a bad call that went our way but I guess it wasn't in a situation that it really registered much (I think the guy grounded out on the next pitch).

Edited by Mooreisbetter27

15 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Agree completely.  If that play is overtturned which it should've been, they could've challenged the other one.  Since we didn't have a challenge MASN didn't show many replays but it looked clear that Mateo tagged the front foot before the back foot, so he should've been out too.

That one pitch way on the outside was definitely the one Adley caught.  I mentioned it in the Game thread.  Was a bad call that went our way but I guess it wasn't in a situation that it really registered much (I think the guy grounded out on the next pitch).

Yeah, I wondered why MASN didn't show more replay on the play at second.