Food prices at Camden Yards

Going Underground

Good for the Banner.  I see they are running a promotion of 6 months for $1.   I think I’ll invest my hard-earned Buck and see if it’s worth it.  Just need to remember to cancel in when the season ends.   I let a Sun subscription linger past their promotion period last year and they charged me $18 per month before I woke up and cut them off.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Good for the Banner.  I see they are running a promotion of 6 months for $1.   I think I’ll invest my hard-earned Buck and see if it’s worth it.  Just need to remember to cancel in when the season ends.   I let a Sun subscription linger past their promotion period last year and they charged me $18 per month before I woke up and cut them off.  

The Banner took most of the Sun better writers. The Sun is not much of a paper.

Charm City loaded nachos

I was disappointed that I couldn’t find my favorite treat from the preview, the signature crab pretzel boule, in my journey of Camden Yards’ stands. (A Levy spokesman said it’s on the menu at the Westgate SuperBook Restaurant and the B&O Fastball Market on Eutaw Street, which I had inadvertently skipped over.) To fill the carb-and-cheese-sized hole in my heart, I instead picked up some Charm City loaded nachos ($14.99), which featured circular corn chips drowning in white nacho cheese and a heaping helping of crab dip that more than slightly resembled cat food.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes,also looks like the Banner have gotten complaints and going to do a story about this.

One part of the stadium experience has been letting fans down, though: the concessions. We've heard from people who had trouble getting food and drink swiftly, and others who complained about the quality.

Really gonna push everyone to try Vida Taco Bar.  I had to have them opening day because with allergies and such, shellfish was out, so I can co-sign on the Sweet Potato/Black Bean hash being good.  But I tried a chicken and beef taco yesterday, and both were exceptional.  They also gave my girlfriend and I a free sweet potato nacho bowl, I guess no one picked it up.  

She did try a sandwich place on the third base side, which used to be the crab cake place, and it was terrible.  They had made a ton of them, and it was lukewarm at best.  Priced too high, and it also didn’t even look like chicken.  

Next time, I think we are trying a hotdog and going back to Boogs, though the Big Boog is looking smaller every year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Really gonna push everyone to try Vida Taco Bar.  I had to have them opening day because with allergies and such, shellfish was out, so I can co-sign on the Sweet Potato/Black Bean hash being good.  But I tried a chicken and beef taco yesterday, and both were exceptional.  They also gave my girlfriend and I a free sweet potato nacho bowl, I guess no one picked it up.  

She did try a sandwich place on the third base side, which used to be the crab cake place, and it was terrible.  They had made a ton of them, and it was lukewarm at best.  Priced too high, and it also didn’t even look like chicken.  

Next time, I think we are trying a hotdog and going back to Boogs, though the Big Boog is looking smaller every year. 

First level? What side of the field?

On 4/21/2023 at 6:42 AM, Frobby said:

Just terrible. I wouldn’t give them a dime after that. 

• 4 weeks later...

I usually bring my own food in, but went with my parents last night, taking advantage of the flash sale on tickets & decided to purchase food at stadium

(disclaimer food prices were a few dollars more then you’d normally pay, it’s a stadium) 

Dinner - vida tacos right before first pitch

line was long, but relatively quick and efficient

elote - fresh cilantro scored major bonus points, nice little kick, three thumbs up. Would definitely have again 

chips and queso - slightly stale chips, lukewarm poorly distributed cheese, pass

tacos - sw potato (veg), chicken - pickled radish on the sw potato and a nice heat. Chicken was also good (per my dad). Definite hit 

3 beers - union/snakehead/bluemoon 

- expensive (but I’ve paid more - merriweather), line was quick/efficient. Major bonus points for all the local options. Big minus, I had to take two trips bc I was only allowed to leave with two beers at a time 

late game snack - boardwalk fries with old bay and malt vinegar - exactly what you’d expect 

overall a good experience with the food, less so with Grayson’s pitching 

I take the Light Rail in from N. Linthicum. Cross the street (Eutaw, Howard) to the corner of the Convention Center. There is a hot dog vendor, been there forever. 2 jumbo dogs and 2 sodas for $10. The other side of the stadium by Pickles-Sliders has lots of vendors (sausage and peppers).

Edited by AnythingO's
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Guests may bring in a factory-sealed, plastic, non-alcoholic beverage, no larger than 20 oz. Cans and glass bottles are prohibited.

No frozen water bottles  I have seen a few bring in a soda and water but you take your chances.

I can vididly being 15 (looking 12) and a neighbor loading up my jacket with beer to smuggle into Menmorial Stadium for the Colts/Steelers playoff game-the one where the plane crashed into the upper deck.  I also remember two very drunk individuals struggling to carry a loaded cooler to the upper deck (thought it was OPACY could be Memorial).  Those blue collar fans are likely gone but they didn't spend much anyway.