The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

Orioles’ 2023 attendance up 24% compared with last year at same point; MLB attendance up 6%
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-2023-attendance-increase-20230602-wasyohnkkngohkyncl4wd35q4a-story.html

Compared with the first two months of last season, when they struggled out of the gate, the Orioles have seen a 24% increase in attendance. Through 29 games in 2022, the team’s average announced attendance was 16,305; this year, that same number has been 20,138.

The Orioles still trail most MLB teams, ranking 20th in attendance this year, but that’s an improvement over recent years. The last time the Orioles finished a season ranked 20th or better of MLB’s 30 teams in attendance was in 2016.

Edited by Going Underground
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Orioles’ 2023 attendance up 24% compared with last year at same point; MLB attendance up 6%
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-2023-attendance-increase-20230602-wasyohnkkngohkyncl4wd35q4a-story.html

Compared with the first two months of last season, when they struggled out of the gate, the Orioles have seen a 24% increase in attendance. Through 29 games in 2022, the team’s average announced attendance was 16,305; this year, that same number has been 20,138.

The Orioles still trail most MLB teams, ranking 20th in attendance this year, but that’s an improvement over recent years. The last time the Orioles finished a season ranked 20th or better of MLB’s 30 teams in attendance was in 2016.

I’ve been to 9(6-3)games. All game day buys or a day before. The O’s run a pretty good promotion… buy 1 ticket get a ticket for any other game/in any other seat for 30% off. 

Those type of deals matter. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

I've been to 3 games this year.  I live inside the DC Beltway and quite a few of my son's friends and their families have gone as well.  That's definitely a first - can't ever remember family friends down here making treks up to Camden since the Nats started to play well ~2012.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I've been to 3 games this year.  I live inside the DC Beltway and quite a few of my son's friends and their families have gone as well.  That's definitely a first - can't ever remember family friends down here making treks up to Camden since the Nats started to play well ~2012.  

I’m sure the fact that the Nats suck right now is helping the Orioles attendance at the margins.   

On a strict per-game basis, the O’s are on pace to draw 1.631 mm.   But based on a 24% increase over the same time Ilast year, that would be more like 1.697 mm.  June and July are typically the best attendance months, so we’ll see how those go.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 10:30 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ve been to 9(6-3)games. All game day buys or a day before. The O’s run a pretty good promotion… buy 1 ticket get a ticket for any other game/in any other seat for 30% off. 

Those type of deals matter. 

Where are they promoting this deal?