The Home Run Hose

Frobby

30 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I hope the O's or MLB don't step in to stop this. This belief that baseball is exclusively for little kids/families is partly why it's fallen so far behind football and other things. The main problem I see with growing baseball is that the real taste makers and drivers of pop culture want something to be "cool" and fun. And like it or not, this kind of thing is cooler and more relatable to the teens-30s demographic than putting on a blazer or cowboy hat or any of the other lame home run celebrations. I'm not saying the homer hose celebration specifically is going to change this but getting rid of the stuffy, no fun allowed culture around baseball is a necessity if the game wants to grow.

I think you are right.

I also think it's not possible. Too much liability/risk to not figure something else out. 

I like it more with Gibson's context but I doubt that is enough to save it. It's too nuanced. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Clearly he wasn't because all a 30 pack of Keystone Light is gonna do is make you have to take a giant leak.  It's practically water.  He should have spent the same amount or a few bucks more for something that actually tastes good with a higher alcohol content...that way you can get drunk quicker, not drink AS much and not have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes after you've taken your first squirt of the afternoon.

Dude, it started in the morning, not the afternoon.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Clearly he wasn't because all a 30 pack of Keystone Light is gonna do is make you have to take a giant leak.  It's practically water.  He should have spent the same amount or a few bucks more for something that actually tastes good with a higher alcohol content...that way you can get drunk quicker, not drink AS much and not have to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes after you've taken your first squirt of the afternoon.

Maybe he liked the taste.  😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, backdoorslider said:

That was during the early 2000s and you could get a 30 pack for for like $14 back then. My dad was all about maximum efficiency when it came to his beer purchasing and consumption.

My fav beers are like $20 for a 4 pack. But if you drink all of them, you will have a solid efficiency rating.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I feel that the post above mine might have crossed some lines and is pretty gross.  Maybe that's just me, but I don't think it is.

I think you’re right.   I would delete it if I were that poster.   A very poor attempt at humor.

• Upvote 1