No Chance Against Cease Tomorrow

sportsfan8703

On 4/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

We might as well just call the league office and forfeit. Cease is looking like CY Young. Grayson can’t buy command. Our bullpen is fried. We can’t win on Sundays, day games, or third games of a series. I’m sure Hyde will toss out his Sunday lineup. 

The White Sox are looking like -180 favorites. They’re clearly the superior team. We can’t come back from a crushing loss like that. Lay the $180. Win $100. Give yourself a free Memorial Day party budget. 

What a loser.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

We might as well just call the league office and forfeit. Cease is looking like CY Young. Grayson can’t buy command. Our bullpen is fried. We can’t win on Sundays, day games, or third games of a series. I’m sure Hyde will toss out his Sunday lineup. 

The White Sox are looking like -180 favorites. They’re clearly the superior team. We can’t come back from a crushing loss like that. Lay the $180. Win $100. Give yourself a free Memorial Day party budget. 

I thought you were a little heavy handed with the reverse jinx, but it worked. 

That was a hell of a win. Probably my favorite of the season so far. Falling behind to Cease 4-0 felt completely insurmountable for a good little while, and then we just started to do our thing once again. 

Time will tell whether this is a hot streak or if this offense is just really good, but it certainly feels like we are never out of a game right now. This should be a fun summer, and I’m extremely thankful for it. 

Edited by Sanfran327
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sanfran327 said:

That was a hell of a win. Probably my favorite of the season so far. Falling behind to Cease 4-0 felt completely insurmountable for a good little while, and then we just started to do our thing once again. 

Time will tell whether this is a hot streak or if this offense is just really good, but it certainly feels like we are never out of a game right now. This should be a fun summer, and I’m extremely thankful for it. 

Yes, I agree with you and with Ben McDonald who said today's win was the most satisfying of the season so far.