Cade Povich 2023

Getz

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

And, he still hasn’t.   4 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 4 k’s.  

Seems like an easy fix.  Have him skip every other start.  

In all seriousness it crazy how he can go from having command of a few pitches to absolutely no control.  He’s been an interesting guy to follow.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I remember during the offseason, he was at a pitching facility to increase velocity. I guess there wasn’t any improvement.

He's been 92-95 this season, consistently, while touching 96 a few times.  At least that's what Matt has said or the radar shows on the stream. 

I think some are a little harsh with the inconsistency comments.  Here's his inning by inning results last 3 games:

0 0 0 0 0

3 0 0 0

0 2 0 0 0

5 runs in the last 3 starts, 14 total innings while K'ing 21.  0 runs scored in 12 of 14 innings. The 6 zero's put up after runs are scored are most impressive.  One thing I noticed with him at Nebraska, the more he gets comfortable with the zone the better he gets.  It seems to me he's still trying to figure it out and asks 3-4 times per game where a pitch is. Pretty uncommon across the AA or lower ball I watch.  

Fun forum!  

Edited by HuskerFan
Correction
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did he pass anyone or just get moved up when Grayson and Gunnar graduated?

I don't know.  He was #12 a couple weeks ago and now #11, that's all I'm aware of. 

I believe Grayson & Gunnar were both removed prior to that but don't know that to be a fact.  Sorry. 

Edited by HuskerFan