Cade Povich 2023

Getz

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

For me, he’s passed Hall and it isn’t really close anymore. Povich is a reason where I could see Elias going the rental route for SP. I’ll stop there with that talk. Povich is going to be a factor in next year’s rotation from ST forward. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2023 at 3:38 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

For me, he’s passed Hall and it isn’t really close anymore. Povich is a reason where I could see Elias going the rental route for SP. I’ll stop there with that talk. Povich is going to be a factor in next year’s rotation from ST forward. 

Meh, I’m not so sure.   Like I said, he’s literally NEVER had two good starts in a row at Bowie.  He’s good when he’s on, not so good when he’s off, much like Hall.  IMO, he could pass Hall later this year if he shows some consistency, but he hasn’t shown it yet so I’m not ready to declare him a better prospect than the equally inconsistent Hall.

I do think the O’s brass likes him.  He got a LONG look this spring despite not being on the 40-man roster. 

Edited by Frobby

Povich and Hall for me now are basically beer and tacos for a tournament roster if we're there and they are in good form.

The best 13 for one weekend can't really be guessed until after draft (Gregg Olson?) and trade deadline, but just today naming the guys I'd be excited to pitch against Pablo, Joe Ryan, Jorge Lopez etc. would be:

Cano, Felix, Wells                                    (Hendriks?   Alexis Diaz?)

Grayson, Bradish

(John Means?)

Hall, Povich

(Gregg Olson?)

Baker, Coulombe, Tate, Givens, Cionel

Resting if we advance: Gibson, Kremer

For me Hall is very close to a major league call up.   He has to have another 1 or 2 good starts at AAA then I think Elias promotes him to the O's pen if there is not space in the O's rotation.  He can be Akin replacement or whoever is holding that spot.   That does not mean Hall will stay in the pen.   Someone will replace Gibson next year.

Povich has a ways to go in AA and then he has to master AAA.  That will take 3 ro 6 months if things go well.

11 hours ago, wildcard said:

For me Hall is very close to a major league call up. 

All of the Norfolk starters have earned consideration for being close to a call up. The rest just remains to be what the Front Office's criteria is, and whether an opportunity in the MLB rotation presents itself. Right now there's just no spot for them to pitch. The rotation in both MLB and AAA has all been performing for the most part, minus a few hiccups here and there.

All of this said, I am really excited and looking forward for the day that DL Hall takes a starting spot in the MLB pitching rotation, wins, and never looks back.