Sunday, April 23: Orioles try to sweep Tigers out of Baltimore

SteveA

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most unbalanced scoreless pitcher's duel I have ever seen.

But it's still scoreless.   The longer we can keep it that way, the more the game tilts in our favor (we have a 3.21 bullpen ERA, Detroit's is 4.56.   Despite our recent slump we average 5.30 runs per game, Detroit averages 3.11).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I was going to report that Jim Palmer Quotable too, but I didn't think it was obliviousness on Brown's part - just going with the spirit of the day and being a straight man for his color guy.

For sure, but I don't think it was a valid question in *Palmer's* mind. I loved how he threw in that he was the best hitter on his team just in case we didn't know.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Mountcastle with another non-competitive AB. I so look forward to the day when he is down in the 5th or 6th spot in the lineup. He just does not have the ability to offer enough quality ABs to hit in the top 3.

IMO the clock is ticking on his Orioles career.  This front office values OBP and .228 isn’t gonna cut it.  1B is a position that will need to be upgraded soon.