Urias at first tonight?

banks703

Did I see that correctly? 

Is this a “let’s demonstrate his versatility” move? Kind of a head scratcher for me as I am unaware of his ever playing any first anywhere. Not even in the Mexican league as far as I know. 

I’m all for getting the 9 best bats in the lineup but kinda stumped on this defensive alignment. 

2 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Puzzling, they don’t try Stowers or Santander there to get everyone playing time. Both 6’2 - 6’3 instead of the gold glove 3B.

I feel like it would be way easier to transition from 3B to 1B as opposed to OF to 1B. At least you are using the same basic skills you are already using. 

It will be interesting to see his range and ability to throw verses what we’re used to seeing there.   The lack of experience may hurt but I have little doubt he’ll make some plays Mountcastle can’t.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

5' 10"

Which means that he’s probably closer to my 5’8 (and I’ll throw in that 1/2)

I don’t mind him playing first as I think he’s probably going to be solid just about anywhere that he’s played but with Tony and Stowers both on the roster currently and better defensive options in the outfield than both of them, I’m puzzled why neither of those guys have gotten any run at first so far. Is Ryan aching or something? Why DH him in favor of a guy who has never played 1B in the big leagues and all of what, seven games ever in the minors?