Ralph Kiner

Birds08

He definitely had some stellar years. Hard to say where he'd rank amongst the all time greats though...Definitely have to think he would have had 500 homers, putting him in some pretty select company.

He ended up with 369 and retired after his age 32 season. He would have needed five more years of 26 homers a season to hit 139 more and reach 500. It's possible, but we're really venturing into what if territory that you could extend to any number of other players.

Mickey Mantle only hit 83 homers after the age of 32. Mel Ott 96. Jimmy Foxx 34. Eddie Mathews 67. Dick Allen 32. Albert Belle 23.

Kiner is a HOFer, and a deserving one, without wishing he had Hank Aarons' 30s. I think that's pretty good.

He ended up with 369 and retired after his age 32 season. He would have needed five more years of 26 homers a season to hit 139 more and reach 500. It's possible, but we're really venturing into what if territory that you could extend to any number of other players.

Mickey Mantle only hit 83 homers after the age of 32. Mel Ott 96. Jimmy Foxx 34. Eddie Mathews 67. Dick Allen 32. Albert Belle 23.

Kiner is a HOFer, and a deserving one, without wishing he had Hank Aarons' 30s. I think that's pretty good.

True. Just very impressive this guy led the NL in homers seven years in a row. Guy could rake. Any idea if he was playing hurt his last couple of years? I really know very little about Mr. Kiner.

Archived