I think we’ve got an elite team this season

BraveOriole

They can be frustrating a bit due to the youth, but we should be seeing crowds at Camden Yards this summer like we did in 96 and 97 IE: lots of sell outs. 

Hope the fans do their part. I see attendance is steadily going up, which is a good sign.

Bautista is the best damn closer in the game. Awesome win today. 

Buying tickets just as often as I can afford them! The team deserves the support. Unrelatedly, I watched the Baysox pitch a combined no-no against the Altoona Curve on Friday night. That was fun. I think we should at the very least have a packed Camden Yards in August and September, assuming the team is still a serious contender for a wildcard then.

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Yeah, Bautista...wow pretty impressed with what he did today. We have an elite setup man and closer for sure.

The pieces are there. Maybe getting another arm, possibly a bat, could put this team over the top. Hell, they might be there now. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not ready to say it’s an elite team yet but they’re a lot of fun. 

I might be getting a bit ahead of myself but damn if the pieces aren’t there. Only question I really see is the starting pitching but they’re over performing right now.

15 minutes ago, BraveOriole said:

They can be frustrating a bit due to the youth, but we should be seeing crowds at Camden Yards this summer like we did in 96 and 97 IE: lots of sell outs. 

Hope the fans do their part. I see attendance is steadily going up, which is a good sign.

I agree that we have a heck of a team this year!

But totally disagree on the crowds being like 92- 98. Do you live in this community? That is totally unrealistic given the Orioles behavior over the 20+ years. 

It’s going to take much more than a nice young team winning some games to repair the relationships that the Orioles have obliterated in the community with potential customers/fans.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They need to win a lot more to be an elite team imo…starters have to be better.

But they are damn good.

A lot of pressure on Cano and Bautista going forward though. It’s amazing what an elite BP can do for a team.

100% correct,those games were the hottest ticket in baltimore.we will probably never see attendance like that ever again.but come on o's fans lets get to the yard and support this team!

sorry quoted wrong post

Edited by ace20251
quoted wrong post

20 minutes ago, BraveOriole said:

The most exciting thing is that they have a chance to improve.  Guys like Cowser and Westburg from AAA, and John Means (fingers crossed he is healthy and effective come July) could provide a nice boost.  Moreover, nobody is playing out of their mind at some unsustainable level.  

Regarding attendance, that type of support is never coming back. In the 90’s the O’s were the only MLB team in the area and I believe they had the largest metro area with only one team.

3 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

The most exciting thing is that they have a chance to improve.  Guys like Cowser and Westburg from AAA, and John Means (fingers crossed he is healthy and effective come July) could provide a nice boost.  Moreover, nobody is playing out of their mind at some unsustainable level.  

Regarding attendance, that type of support is never coming back. In the 90’s the O’s were the only MLB team in the area and I believe they had the largest metro area with only one team.

Probably two and a half million is all that Baltimore can hope for.  Unless something crazy happens and we start being a dynasty team.  Then maybe but still highly unlikely to ever get to three million again.