Mullins Injured; Cowser on the IL, Watch Daz Cameron

wildcard

58 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

I bet even if Cameron gets the call Hyde will still play McKenna out there most days.

Is Cameron on the 40? Even if Mullins goes to IL doesn't a space need to be cleared on the 40 for Cameron?

Tate can go on the 60 day dl.  He is already at that point so at this point it is just paper move to open up the space to add anyone on 40 man roster. 

Cowser could be activated as early as tomorrow from what Elias said so give him a week to get back in a groove and then up early next week.  Cameron up til Colton ready and then you can DFA him so Cowser has spot when he ready.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Big loss. Luckily, Elias said it would be quick for Cowser.

If it's a six week absence, it makes sense for Cowser to be up here in 10-14 days, after properly rehabbing himself.

I will be interested to see his defense in CF.

The easy temporary move would be Ortiz up for Mullins. Which would be nice if they started him at SS for a good stretch.

I think someone said that they have an open 40 man spot so getting Cameron up and sending Vavra down could be an option too. Buy's some time for Cowser to get straight.

Well, suddenly they’re thin in the outfield.

Personally I would shift Hays to center with McKenna occasionally subbing. I know what the data says but my eyes tell me that Hays is still the better outfielder. He may not run everything down in the gaps that Ced does or even what Ryan may get to out there on occasion but my personal opinion is that he is the better outfielder between the two. I could certainly see why they would keep him in left and just use Ryan in center but that would not be my preference if it’s a long term thing for Cedric.

Despite all the clamoring for him to be a full-time DH, it looks like Tony stays in RF for now.

Dang, this would be an excellent opportunity to see Cowser. Bummer. In any event, here’s to a speedy recovery for Cedric. 

It’s such an orioles thing for them to look at Aaron Hicks though. I sure hope that doesn’t happen. 

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

Well, suddenly they’re thin in the outfield.

Personally I would shift Hays to center with McKenna occasionally subbing. I know what the data says but my eyes tell me that Hays is still the better outfielder.

No idea who they are but I wasn't going to post the Eagles.

48 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Is it obscene to think of calling up Kjerstad? He has to be added to the 40 in the offseason anyhow. Can play 1B/DH/corner OF. Could we use Hays in CF occasionally? 

Can't see that happening the way Elias protects his prospects.

Edited by wildcard