Current stat line won't get us in playoffs

Baltimorecuse

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Mountcastle and Henderson are big keys to how June will go.   They’ve been our two biggest disappointments so far.  But both are capable of exploding.  Adley has been very steady but I have always had a feeling that he has another gear we haven’t seen yet.  Not a ton of extra base hits from him this year.  

Urías is a possible dark horse. Maybe with all the extra rest days this month, Adley can provide more boom. 3 of his 4 hits yesterday were infield hits--Wieters might have beaten out only one of them.

1 hour ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I won't argue with any of that.  However, if we don't get our middle relief together I think we are in big trouble.  I think our starting rotation is a strength.  

I think our rotation has a chance of becoming a strength. Still too many unprovens. 

But they’re trending in the right direction. 

I agree middle relief could be an issue. 

Mountcastle's lack of productive at bats is killing the offense.This isn't new.He disappeared for a good portion of last summer.His numbers have declined now for 3 years.Not a SSS.Yet,day in and day out he is placed in the heart of the order.It's been long enough,he needs to sit at least against righties.He has been afforded plenty of time to adjust,but it's the same thing over and over again.Insanity.

The way it looks currently the Orioles will have to be better than at least one of NYY/TOR to make the playoffs. For the time being at I’m going with the West getting a WC. Leaves 2 spots. 

Can’t count Seattle out either but I think it’s doubtful that the West gets 2 WC teams. Nobody from Central….

Our SP will need to continue to stabilize. I think they will be solid this month. I expect the pen to be better this month not because I think they are overworked but because they are due to pick it up and the days off will allow the big boys to throw a higher % of games. I am concerned about the lineup without Mullins. I would take 4.5 rpg without him to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The way it looks currently the Orioles will have to be better than at least one of NYY/TOR to make the playoffs. For the time being at I’m going with the West getting a WC. Leaves 2 spots. 

Can’t count Seattle out either but I think it’s doubtful that the West gets 2 WC teams. Nobody from Central….

Our SP will need to continue to stabilize. I think they will be solid this month. I expect the pen to be better this month not because I think they are overworked but because they are due to pick it up and the days off will allow the big boys to throw a higher % of games. I am concerned about the lineup without Mullins. I would take 4.5 rpg without him to be honest. 

Colton will be up soon.