Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Hyde loves Mateo and McKenna too much.  He was lavishing praise on Mateo post game today after doing the same with McKenna yesterday

Ortiz gets sent down, but I do hope this means less of Mateo going forward. 

Do you think Hyde plays players against the will of Elias? If that were the case, I think that he would find himself rather quickly replaced.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They face 2 lefties the next 2 games. He plays those games..what about after that?

His OPS against lefties is .674  His OPS against righties is 1.033. His differential wasn’t as large in 2022, but he clearly hits better against righties. Given that they’re calling him up when they’re facing two straight lefties and his potential overall, gotta figure they plan on him being a regular in the lineup for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, they also sat Cowser today.  Wonder if he is also coming up.

With their noted matchup obsession, I could see them holding Cowser back the next two days (which Norfolk has off anyway) and then promoting him for McKenna on Wednesday, the next time we face a right handed SP. 

That wouldn't surprise me (my prediction for a while has been that both would be up by the end of June) but I also wouldn't be surprised if they hold him back until some of the trade deadline dust settles. For right or for wrong the emergence of Hicks may have changed Cowser's timeline a bit. 

This is the callup that I'm most excited for since Adley's.  I live in Austin and Westburg grew up in a small town just south of here.  A former employee of mine grew up with him and is still close to him.  A couple years ago I was watching an Orioles game at work and he casually said "My best friend was just drafted by the Orioles".

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1