Sunday July 9: Orioles go for sweep in Minnesota heading into the break

SteveA

It is so amazing to come back, after struggling against the Twins two weeks ago, and so commandingly let everyone know what we've got going. 

Pitching has been amazing this series - not even talking about the hitting.  Love it when we do it against multiple pitchers too. 

Let's Go!!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He is the ideal guy to pinch hit vs a lefty.   He's killed lefties all season.   Why wouldn't you have wanted him there?

Well, I didn't want him there for the same 2 reasons I didn't want him back on the team, both that tie in together. 1) I didn't think he was ready, he was struggling against AAA pitching, and I wanted hit to prove his troubles with the bat were behind him before having him face MLB pitching again and 2) giving the way Hyde plays his favorites, I was afraid that Mountcastle would be one of those, and would get steady at bats even if he wasn't playing well.  Now we still don't know if 1 and/or 2 are going to happen as one at bat can only tell us so much.  But that's why I didn't want him back on the team yet.  As to that specific at bat, it was a key spot the could (and did) contribute to us hopefully putting this game in the win column, and based on how Mountcastle had been hitting I didn't think he was ready.  Glad he was up to the challenge.

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This offense is going to be really tough on other teams going forward.  Ryan was dominant and they still worked counts, got him out of the game, and then hung 5 on him because of runners he left.  

Hey, a strikeout usually takes a lot of pitches

1 minute ago, justD said:

It is so amazing to come back, after struggling against the Twins two weeks ago, and so commandingly let everyone know what we've got going. 

Pitching has been amazing this series - not even talking about the hitting.  Love it when we do it against multiple pitchers too. 

Let's Go!!!

You could see it coming in the first two NYY games.  Lots of players with lots of hits just not much to show for it.