Orioles reach AS break on a roll.

foxfield

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We have the best position player group in baseball. The SH ability of Adley, Santa, and Hicks, basically make us matchup proof. If we want we can run out 8 RHB vs LHP and 8 LHB vs RHP. No other team can do that. 

I have no idea if that is true.  I'm impressed if you actually checked the bench bats of the other 29 teams.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have no idea if that is true.  I'm impressed if you actually checked the bench bats of the other 29 teams.

I was intrigued by the matchup possibilities a few days ago and came up with 8 LH v RHP & 6 RH v LHP.  I spent 3 minutes thinking about it, but pretty solid nonetheless.  

• Upvote 1

I could not find it.  I recall seeing an Orioles lineup with 5 switch-hitters on tv.  For the world of me, I can't remember.  Back in '84, the Orioles had Murray, Shelby, Singleton and Young on the roster, but I'm thinking it was later, maybe the 90's?  The '96 team had Alomar, Bonilla, Murray and Zaun.  The '11 team had Wieters, Roberts, Izturis, Bell and Florimon but unsure if they were in a lineup together.

O's start the second half of the season riding a 5-game winning steak in which they have outscored their opponents 44-9.  The offense had been sputtering for a couple of weeks, but they turned it around in the last 5 games (really in about 3 innings).