2023 1st Round Pick (#17): Enrique Bradfield Jr. - CF - (Jr) Vanderbilt University

If he becomes the CFer of the future, I care less about HR power as I do true gap to gap power and an ability to drive the ball.

He has to show power on some level. He has to shown an ability to make pitchers pay.

If he can’t do that, this won’t be a great pick but if he can, you just drafting a GG/60+ SB/360+ OBP CFer and that is very hard to find.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Meh, they said similar about Cowser and Kjerstad. I am just a little concerned about his reaction on video.  He seems like a high energy guy on the field and was surprised he didn’t see, so thrilled. Probably nothing though. 

Probably nothing. Any prospect can be a little disappointed when they perceive they’ve slid down the board. If that one write up stating he would likely go 10-15 was where his mind was at, going at 17 could be a slight disappointment initially.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hydropups said:

Probably nothing. Any prospect can be a little disappointed when they perceive they’ve slid down the board. If that one write up stating he would likely go 10-15 was where his mind was at, going at 17 could be a slight disappointment initially.

He also might be worried that he is walking into a stacked organization 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he becomes the CFer of the future, I care less about HR power as I do true gap to gap power and an ability to drive the ball.

He has to show power on some level. He has to shown an ability to make pitchers pay.

If he can’t do that, this won’t be a great pick but if he can, you just drafting a GG/60+ SB/360+ OBP CFer and that is very hard to find.

Yes, those are the numbers you're asking for.  However, you need at least 10-15 HRs to go with that to balance the profile.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

orioles have demonstrated with Frazier they can teach guys to turn on balls. 

3 minutes ago, hydropups said:

He should be down right elated that the O’s took him.  They have a

Track record of fixing the things he apparently needs fixing and is a team on the rise.

• Upvote 1