Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tejada will forever be an enigma because he's looked upon as a leader and he's not.

Trade him for Jay Bruce.

Of course, he definitely didn't almost singlehandedly carry Oakland to that playoffs in 2002. Posts like this make me sick. When Tejada first showed up in Baltimore people were absolutely raving about his leadership skills. How quickly people forget.

I'd definitely trade him for Jay Bruce though.

How many times must it be said that each of the three subs for Tejada at SS are better than him overall defensively, without question, but it's not worth removing his bat from the lineup (or making him a more full time DH which could screw with his head and then his offense) for a negligble gain in defense?

Without question? I don't see how Fahey and especially Gomez are better than Miggy defensively.

Yes, he was clearly outplayed..If you don't know what you are talking about or how to evaluate. :rolleyes:

I didn't see any of them while playing the position due anything remotely as stupid and inexcusable as what he (Tejada) did last nite and it cost them a run that the ended up losing by (one) and with Hernadez or Fahey in there that doesn't happen. Now the argument would be he made up for it by hitting a home run, but he could have doe that as a DH and this game may not have been a loss.

Of course, he definitely didn't almost singlehandedly carry Oakland to that playoffs in 2002. Posts like this make me sick. When Tejada first showed up in Baltimore people were absolutely raving about his leadership skills. How quickly people forget.

I'd definitely trade him for Jay Bruce though.

Why? What's wrong?

Without question? I don't see how Fahey and especially Gomez are better than Miggy defensively.
I don't think they are better than him overall, but they certainly played at a very high level while Miggy was out, I think thats all most of us have been saying (aside from the few who inexplicably think Miggy is some sort of butcher out there at SS).

Anybody that gets put in as a defensive replacement, in my head, trumps the person removed. I know that's a pretty simple way of looking at it, but hey...shrug.

Why? What's wrong?
He has leadership skills, but you can't lead a piece of crap team to anything other than a mediocre season. People are expecting Tejada to be a savior and magically make us a contender without realizing that about half of the roster is filled with players that would be lucky to be the 24th or 25th guy on an actual contender.

When the O's trade Tejada for the proverbial bag of balls in the offseason I'm going to be sick to my stomach. This is Eddie all over again, I swear.

I was just thinking that. Trading him is fine but at this rate it's going to be for hasbeens and neverwas's and that's atrocious. Just like Murray.

I didn't see any of them while playing the position due anything remotely as stupid and inexcusable as what he (Tejada) did last nite and it cost them a run that the ended up losing by (one) and with Hernadez or Fahey in there that doesn't happen. Now the argument would be he made up for it by hitting a home run, but he could have doe that as a DH and this game may not have been a loss.
He's made a few plays since being back (Lugo grounder in the hole on Tueday, for example) that Gomez, Fahey, or Hernandez would have had no chance on.

I still have no idea how you can completely ignore the things Tejada does better than most SS. Its like you have blinders on and can only see the things he doesn't do as well as others.

He's made a few plays since being back (Lugo grounder in the hole on Tueday, for example) that Gomez, Fahey, or Hernandez would have had no chance on.

I still have no idea how you can completely ignore the things Tejada does better than most SS. Its like you have blinders on and can only see the things he doesn't do as well as others.

That's pretty much exactly the problem.

Archived