Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

I am completely flabbergasted and disappointed that you would write a post like this. I see a very, very big difference between someone STARTING a thread to post something inane like "Tejada is killing us" and then using two completely incorrect statements to "back up" his point versus someone stating an opinion in the heat of a debate w/o writing IMHO. The fact that you would come down on me and others who are trying to limit this sort of crap speaks volumes about the current state of the board IMHO. I don't have any problem with opinions, even unpopular ones, but if someone is going to start a thread with something this incendiary, their premise better either be supported or they should make it very clear that this is opinion.

This post criticizing me has sold me on the fact that it is time for me to step away. Thanks, because I had been debating it all morning.

Why should anyone have to "clearly" state something is an opinion? I am no genius just a mere college graduate with a B in English but I can discern 99% of the time when something is an "opinion" versus a "fact" merely by reading and comprehending what they are discussing. It's not rocket science to do this, because if I can do it anyone can!:) For example: AROD sucks is an opinion not a fact. The fact is he's a hell of a player but someone could post that he sucks due to the fact he has now gone something like 0-25 in trying to hit his 500 homer, and during this time, yeah, he sucks! Why should someone need to state this is an opinion? It is a given!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has leadership skills, but you can't lead a piece of crap team to anything other than a mediocre season. People are expecting Tejada to be a savior and magically make us a contender without realizing that about half of the roster is filled with players that would be lucky to be the 24th or 25th guy on an actual contender.

He leads by example in so many ways.........

He's made a few plays since being back (Lugo grounder in the hole on Tueday, for example) that Gomez, Fahey, or Hernandez would have had no chance on.

I still have no idea how you can completely ignore the things Tejada does better than most SS. Its like you have blinders on and can only see the things he doesn't do as well as others.

Maybe so, but he botches too many routine plays as far as I am concerned. That play last nite he looked like an idiot on. There is no excuse for that, I don't care how many great plays he makes, he has too many mental lapses for my standard at short. I guess it is because I am used to guys like Belanger, Cal, and Bordick who didn't play the position stupidly. I simply cannot tolerate stupidity and poor play. Give me dependable, not necessarily spectacular shortstop play any day of the week over the roller coaster style of Tejada, i.e, great play, bonehead play, routine play. I don't like that combination. I prefer steady play period.

Maybe so, but he botches too many routine plays as far as I am concerned. That play last nite he looked like an idiot on. There is no excuse for that, I don't care how many great plays he makes, he has too many mental lapses for my standard at short. I guess it is because I am used to guys like Belanger, Cal, and Bordick who didn't play the position stupidly. I simply cannot tolerate stupidity and poor play. Give me dependable, not necessarily spectacular shortstop play any day of the week over the roller coaster style of Tejada.
No excuse for what? Trying to make a play that otherwise would have been an IF single? His mistake was throwing the ball away, not calling off Gomez. Gomez had 0 chance of making that play, Tejada didn't have much of a chance, but with a great throw could have gotten the out.

Maybe so, but he botches too many routine plays as far as I am concerned. That play last nite he looked like an idiot on. There is no excuse for that, I don't care how many great plays he makes, he has too many mental lapses for my standard at short. I guess it is because I am used to guys like Belanger, Cal, and Bordick who didn't play the position stupidly. I simply cannot tolerate stupidity and poor play. Give me dependable, not necessarily spectacular shortstop play any day of the week over the roller coaster style of Tejada.

you are wrong.

Tejada has the second fewest errors in the league.

WE SEE HIM EVERYDAY!

Derek Jeter has twice as many errors as Miggy.

You are simply wrong about this. This is your opinion, but the FACTS prove your conjecture is wrong.

No excuse for what? Trying to make a play that otherwise would have been an IF single? His mistake was throwing the ball away, not calling off Gomez. Gomez had 0 chance of making that play, Tejada didn't have much of a chance, but with a great throw could have gotten the out.

No, Tejada had zero chance, Gomez had a slight chance and that boneheaded throw should never have been made. Even Jim Palmer said pretty much what I just posted.

you are wrong.

Tejada has the second fewest errors in the league.

Derek Jeter has twice as many errors as Miggy.

You are simply wrong about this. This is your opinion, but the FACTS prove your conjecture is wrong.

Per the same number of games? I think not because he was on the DL for a month. No wonder he had fewer errors. Gimme a break before stating matter of factly I am wrong!!:eek: :rolleyes

No, Tejada had zero chance, Gomez had a slight chance and that boneheaded throw should never have been made. Even Jim Palmer said pretty much what I just posted.

So with one hand we criticize Miggy for not showing enough effort. Now we are on his ass for showing too much?

Something tells me that if he doesn't go after that ball you are on here complaining about how a better defensive shortstop would have gotten to that.

I mean, how did Miggy even get to that, I thought he had terrible range?

Gomez never would have been able to get the ball to 1st in time to get Pedroia. Tejada probably couldn't either, and it was an unneccesary risk on the throw. That said, it wasn't a dumb play to call off Gomez, only to not put the ball in his pocket.

And are you gonna make any response to my point about the plays he makes that Gomez/Fahey/Hernandez can't make or just continue to leave your head buried in the sand?

Jim Palmer is smart, and insightful, but he's not God.

Who ever said or even hinted he was "God." All I am stating is his take was correct on that botched play and throw by Tejada, and so is mine which are the same!

Per the same number of games? I think not because he was on the DL for a month. No wonder he had fewer errors. Gimme a break before stating matter of factly I am wrong!!:eek: :rolleyes

So? Jeter had 10 going into Miggy's DL stint.

Miggy had 6.

Now Miggy has 7 and Jeter 13

Once again research and numbers.

Who ever said or even hinted he was "God." All I am stating is his take was correct on that botched play and throw by Tejada, and so is mine which are the same!

Using him to back up your point suggests that he's always right. Doubly so since you phrase that as "his take was correct" before pointing out you share the opinion...and it IS opinion.

Archived