A Second Thought Experiment

Filmstudy

Would you give up Jackson Holliday for the following:

1. Angelos replaced by Steve Bisciotti as owner

2. The Orioles sign a 40-year lease which is prohibitively expensive to break

3. Bisciotti extends Elias/Mejdal for 10 years

4. No promises about signing the young talent to long extensions, but Bisciotti and Elias apply the Ravens' cap management philosophy to the team and have a "qualify for the playoffs as often as possible" approach

As much as I love the prospect of Jackson Holliday here in Baltimore for the foreseeable future, I make that trade in a heartbeat.

Yea. We lose a potential superstar but likely retain any of the others. You could really make the argument just retaining Gunnar for his age 28-33+ contract vs. keeping Holliday. Bisciotti isn't letting Gunnar go. I know that you noted there's no guarantees to sign anyone, but if Steve isn't signing Gunnar then this exercise is basically dead on arrival.

46 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

4. No promises about signing the young talent to long extensions, but Bisciotti and Elias apply the Ravens' cap management philosophy to the team and have a "qualify for the playoffs as often as possible" approach

As much as I love the prospect of Jackson Holliday here in Baltimore for the foreseeable future, I make that trade in a heartbeat.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Many times over multiplied by an extravagantly innumerable exponential number times infinity!!!! I would be willing to do just about anything (within reason) to get rid of the awful Angelos plague. 

59 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Who are you giving Holliday to?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

That’s an easy yes and I’m assuming we lose Holliday because he gets traded for Ohtani. 😀

20 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

So I’m hoping for Jim Davis …..one of Steve’s business partners and buddies. Steve could certainly assist with a share as a minority owner. Why would it cost Holiday?

And he was interested in 2020.

Edited by Roll Tide