Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

I think the priority should be getting at least 2 relief pitchers. Our starters have been doing well enough and we can still throw Irvin out there if Wells, Bradish, Grayson and/or Kremer need to rest. Means will also be back in September. Besides Bautista, our bullpen has been really suspect as of late. Guys who were solid in the beginning of the year (Baker, Coulombe, Cano) are struggling right now. These guys have been overworked and need a break. There are plenty of available options compared to acquiring a starter. We wouldn't have to trade away any of our top 20 prospects for a decent return, unlike a starter who is going cost a kings ransom. 

Options could be:
Justin Lawerence, Jordan Hicks, Scott Barlow, David Robertson and Josh Hader if he is available.

41 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Colossally dumb if they don't sell off their rentals.  They can reload in the offseason.  They still have Soto for another year, and as long as they have Tatis and Machado signed and performing they're never far from contention.  This year they're too far out of it to make a run for it.

46 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Colossally dumb if they don't sell off their rentals.  They can reload in the offseason.  They still have Soto for another year, and as long as they have Tatis and Machado signed and performing they're never far from contention.  This year they're too far out of it to make a run for it.

Yeah they're too far out of it -- even further than other fringy teams like the Angels and the Cubs.  Even if they hope to re-sign one or both of them it makes no sense to hang on to two pitchers with such strong trade value.  

Go get Hader … make it happen… do whatever it takes ... he is our Andrew Miller and his former Oriole history and being from Millersville makes the baseball karma god happy!!   Hometown ace returns us to the World Series 

Fuji, Cano, Hader, Bautista 

Edited by tntoriole

Well, things are happening quickley now. If you snooze, you might lose. Right after I had shared that linke, Brewers just got their bat with the acquisition of Carlos Santana. 

I talk about the Brewers because of all the chatter there was about Burnes wishing to be traded, and how the Brewers traded Hader in the middle of their division pennant race last season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-santana-brewers-trade

They traded an 18 year SS prospect.

3 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

Snell / Hader is the package deal we need to be targeting right now in my mind.  If Elias was serious about his comments to improve the club to make a deep run in the playoffs then this is the move.  Hader becomes a lock down 8th inning guy pushing Cano up to the 7th.  Snell takes over a spot in the rotation pushing someone like Wells or Gibson to the pen, further improving it.

I don't know what this package cost in terms of prospects but if we can get it done without giving up top tier guys then lets do it.

Norby, Basallo, Stowers, Lottery ticket.  Conversation worthy? Too much? Too little?

2 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

That would be a tough one, but I'd probably do it. Would hate to move Basallo though and would try to get them to take someone else.

Elias has been waiting on a Samuel Basallo for five years now. Proof to ownership that expensive international free agents is money well spent. Seemingly unlimited offensive ceiling as an an 18 year old who is OPSing .900. Shining example to future international free agents as to why they should sign here. Contingency plan at a pivotal position in case our current catcher signs elsewhere. High-character guy who coaches rave about.

I think he would pass on throwing him into a multiple-prospect package to increase our chances of winning the world series from 3% to 3.7%.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Elias has been waiting on a Samuel Basallo for five years now. Proof to ownership that expensive international free agents is money well spent. Seemingly unlimited offensive ceiling as an an 18 year old who is OPSing .900. Shining example to future international free agents as to why they should sign here. Contingency plan at a pivotal position in case our current catcher signs elsewhere. High-character guy who coaches rave about.

I think he would pass on throwing him into a multiple-prospect package to increase our chances of winning the world series from 3% to 3.7%.

Yeah if the negotiating partner wants a catcher prospect, I would see if they would be interested in Creed or Silas before I'd give up Samuel.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Yeah if the negotiating partner wants a catcher prospect, I would see if they would be interested in Creed or Silas before I'd give up Samuel.

Haha.  It’s not like those three are interchangeable.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Go get Hader … make it happen… do whatever it takes ... he is our Andrew Miller and his former Oriole history and being from Millersville makes the baseball karma god happy!!   Hometown ace returns us to the World Series 

Whatever???? Snap back into reality. It’s just not happening. Elias is not going to overpay. He’s especially not going to move his better prospects for rentals. The value isn’t there. They are basically saying as such if you just listen. 

5 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Teams would be more interested in a copy of Silas Marner than Silas Ardoin. He’s not a prospect at all. He’s barely organizational depth. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Explain from the perspective of the Brewers why they would trade Haded when they’re in first place. That’s like someone on their message board suggesting trading for Bautista. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1