Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Soo innings pitched?.. the end-all be-all of pitcher effectiveness?

You're on another planet if you don't think Cease is a big boost to our current rotation as well as our future starting rotation outlook. Zoom out. Look around. Consider the context.

I'm not saying you throw it all away for this guy, but the way some here are talking about him as if he's another Miguel Gonzalez is just silly. Granted, he's not having the best stretch recently, maybe that's opening a window for negotiation in the Warehouse. 

I'm on another planet then. Those stats aren't worth a top 5 perhaps 10 prospect. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gurgi said:

Seems Elias is waiting for these teams to break and if they dont he is taking all his chips off the table and going home with them. 

I think he'd rather have an excuse not to make a big deal.

Thus far I can't think of a single trade in which I think the team getting the boost clearly overpaid.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Why hasn't there been any buzz about the relief pitchers we need for our bullpen? I'm looking at guys like...

Brooks Raly

Brent Suter

David Bednar

The Padres just acquired a starter so circle back and see if Blake Snell can be pryed away. They gotta get something if he's just going to walk away in a couple months.

I'd rather offer a package to the Brewers for Burnes than I would Cease, because they're both going to cost about the same.  I don't think Cease is a bad player but Chicago severely over rates Cease. 

The more this is shaping out as the dominos fall and the White Sox over rating their players, the more I'm considering that idea of peanuts to try and get Jordan Lyles back to eat up some innings.

Time to start thinking outaide the box! 

Adam Ottavino makes a lot of sense. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Seems Elias is waiting for these teams to break and if they dont he is taking all his chips off the table and going home with them. 

My kinda guy..  he knows what he is willing to part with, if there isn't a match, just isn't the right time. 

Just now, Fan4Life said:

I'm on another planet then. Those stats aren't worth a top 5 perhaps 10 prospect. 

Agreed, unless the O's feel confident that they can restore Cease to the 2022 version, there's no call to give up a future core lineup component to get him, much less multiple components. There will be other opportunities to make trades in the offseason if they want to flip a top prospect for an ace. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he'd rather have an excuse not to make a big deal.

Thus far I can't think of a single trade in which I think the team getting the boost clearly overpaid.

Who has been moved that you think we should have gotten?

I kind of feel like Elias wants some team who is looking for a salary dump.  Just an MLB average guy that we could get for minimal prospects and none of the high ones.  I think he wants someone to take pressure off Wells and the return of Means.  Which I think Elias is probably getting good reports from and thinks he could be better than over paying for a rental. 

1 minute ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

It would seem so. If those are your trade value expectations, you're going to be left to the bargain basement, scraping up the Joe Saunders and Rich Hills. 

Not at all.. I am going to pass... I already have Saunders' and Rich Hills in my inventory.