Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Well all I can tell you from being born here, growing up and coming back to the area as an adult and choosing to raise my family here, is that you may be uninformed.

The fact that you speak about the mayor really shows me how out of touch with this metropolitan. Whoever the mayor of Baltimore is has literally less than zero impact on my live, like it would the Verlanders.

The poor reputation fed by infotainment doesn’t seem to influence the other sports team in town and their ability to attract desirable players/FAs. And I know this personally because there’s more than a few who live in my community.

But I think I have taken this conversation as far as I can. And apologize to all for taking it off track… Back to the trade speculations.

I'm sorry but that's just laughable.  

Most people don't want to live in communities that are famous for political corruption.

Yes, the people elected to govern the city (and the state for that matter) absolutely deeply affect your life.

Again, I'm very glad for you that you get to live in a place that is reserved for the 1%.  That's good for you.  You fail to understand that the other 99% probably have a different experience than you do.

We can leave it there.

4 minutes ago, Hallas said:

You're kind of painting a caricature of Baltimore here though.  Baltimore has a lot of old money despite its bad rep in the inner city.  Why do you think a triple crown leg is here?  And its healthcare industry is pretty much second to none.  It's not like a Houston or an LA, where the city proper is a large chunk of the metro area.  Baltimore is like 80 square miles in a metro area thats over 2500 square miles big.  If Verlander comes to Baltimore he's almost certainly either getting a place in one of the nice parts of town like Roland Park or very close to the stadium, or he's gonna chill with Ray Lewis out in Hunt Valley.

Besides, you can point out bad parts of every city.  Dodger Stadium has 10 acre homeless encampment like a mile away that only recently got cleared out, and the homeless population in LA is equal to 20% of Baltimore's entire population.

Almost every urban area in the country is rapidly destroying itself.  You'll get no arguments from me on that.

Baltimore is just better at it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hallas said:

You're kind of painting a caricature of Baltimore here though.  Baltimore has a lot of old money despite its bad rep in the inner city.  Why do you think a triple crown leg is here?  And its healthcare industry is pretty much second to none.  It's not like a Houston or an LA, where the city proper is a large chunk of the metro area.  Baltimore is like 80 square miles in a metro area thats over 2500 square miles big.  If Verlander comes to Baltimore he's almost certainly either getting a place in one of the nice parts of town like Roland Park or very close to the stadium, or he's gonna chill with Ray Lewis out in Hunt Valley.

Besides, you can point out bad parts of every city.  Dodger Stadium has 10 acre homeless encampment like a mile away that only recently got cleared out, and the homeless population in LA is equal to 20% of Baltimore's entire population.

All facts.

When you know you know. When you don’t, you don’t. 

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Most people don't want to live in communities that are famous for political corruption.

Yes, the people elected to govern the city (and the state for that matter) absolutely deeply affect your life.

Again, I'm very glad for you that you get to live in a place that is reserved for the 1%.  That's good for you.  You fail to understand that the other 99% probably have a different experience than you do.

We can leave it there.

I was born and grew up in some of the worst places and conditions in Baltimore. So whatever you think you know about, read, or heard about; trust me I lived it and went through it firsthand.

Does the Camden Yards LF wall have any incentive for Verlander or others who would have to waive a no-trade clause to Baltimore? I'm sure not as much incentive as Kate, but it could help him sleep better at night knowing a bushel of HRs in most other parks would be outs at OPACY. 

Of course, in keeping with the thread, there are likely *other* reasons he sleeps well at night. 

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

So what I've gleaned from the last five pages of this thread is that Verlander will be living in Roland Park in 24 hours. 

Can't you just see Kate Upton:

"Screw Manhattan

Won't you give them Dundalk nights."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m talking during the season.  Postseason these guys likely mean less although in a short series, guys can get hot and make a huge difference.

Mostly imo that's what these trades are about.  Better positioning yourself in the post-season.  At least for a team like the O's, who aren't really on the bubble.

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

We can leave it there.

I don’t know why you’re constantly bringing this up, but it’s obnoxious. Nobody is talking politics but here you go trying to ram it into every discussion. Maybe find somewhere else to get that off your chest and discuss baseball here. 

Just now, waroriole said:

I don’t know why you’re constantly bringing this up, but it’s obnoxious. Nobody is talking politics but here you go trying to ram it into every discussion. Maybe find somewhere else to get that off your chest and discuss baseball here. 

WTF are you talking about?