Scoreboard watching

Frobby

Red Sox tied it with 2 in 9th only to give up homer in top of ninth to first hitter.   It looks like besides the Jays going winning 2 straight and Angels losing 2 everyone else in playoff hunt is gonna go 1-1 in first two games of this weekend series.  The good thing with being out in front is the other teams have to gain ground so just staying even just gives them fewer and fewer games to try and catch us.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, dystopia said:

Rays

If we win one of the next two games Toronto will be 7.5 games out. If we lose both they'll still be 5.5 out. It would be huge to win 3 out of 4 here. 

I maintain that the Rays are by far the biggest threat. They had a bad July but they're already showing signs of turning it around. We'll be in a dogfight with them 'til the end.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, dystopia said:

If we win one of the next two games Toronto will be 7.5 games out. If we lose both they'll still be 5.5 out. It would be huge to win 3 out of 4 here. 

I maintain that the Rays are by far the biggest threat. They had a bad July but they're already showing signs of turning it around. We'll be in a dogfight with them 'til the end.

I was one that thought TOR was the bigger threat but also feel they're a bunch of mental midgets.  If they get on a roll they're very dangerous but if things start going south I don't think they're the type of team to turn it around.

It indeed does look like TBR may be turning the corner and they have a very soft schedule coming up.

18 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Playing the LPY has really helped them.

19 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The Orioles are capable of winning the next two games, which would likely knock Toronto out of the division race. But indeed winning one of two is already a good result.

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

As the Red Sox inch into the playoff picture, they've acquired someone with close ties: Ramon Urias's little brother.

I don't think a lot of people would have had Luis in the minors before Ramon?  What is it with Brewers' infielders all of the sudden being unplayable?  Happened with Keston Huira as well.

3 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Dang...I went and looked at the scoreboard and noticed that newly acquired Lucas Giolito just got annihilated by the Braves today.

I hate to admit it, but he's one of the guys I though we should go after.

The Braves do that to a lot of guys. Probably not fair to judge for that one. Not good though.