2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They lost their last two including Giolitos last start.  Arte Moreno and team couldn’t put a playoff team together with a 200+ million payroll and now they had to trade future assets for more.   I hope they don’t make the playoffs.  That’s what the hell I’m talking about.

Oh.

So you were just wrong about losing the first two games.

That's what threw me off, I couldn't see how someone could make such a stupid mistake.

I guess I didn't notice who was posting.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They lost their last two including Giolitos last start.  Arte Moreno and team couldn’t put a playoff team together with a 200+ million payroll and now they had to trade future assets for more.   I hope they don’t make the playoffs.  That’s what the hell I’m talking about.

I agree. Team kinda reminds me of the Orioles last year. They are close but not much analytics behind them making the playoffs. Being only 4-5 games out is one thing. Doing that with 3-5 more teams competing for that same position is very difficult. 

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I've never understood actively rooting against teams that have historically been bad, especially if they aren't even in your division.  Like who roots against the Pirates, Tigers or Rockies? 

Just now, Tryptamine said:

I've never understood actively rooting against teams that have historically been bad, especially if they aren't even in your division.  Like who roots against the Pirates, Tigers or Rockies? 

I root against Goliath.   I root for the kid with the slingshot.   Basically, I root for the Orioles and no one else but I certainly have nothing against the Pirates.

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

I don't get being upset about owners that spend money on players instead of pocketing the profits.

I will say that Moreno appears to meddle a lot and is pretty easy to root against.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get being upset about owners that spend money on players instead of pocketing the profits.

I will say that Moreno appears to meddle a lot and is pretty easy to root against.

Yeah he's a terrible owner, but it would be fun, and great for the game, to see Trout/Ohtani in the playoffs. I promise you MLB desperately wants them in.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I root against Goliath.   I root for the kid with the slingshot.   Basically, I root for the Orioles and no one else but I certainly have nothing against the Pirates.

I root against the entirety of the cities of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Just now, pdiddy said:

I root against the entirety of the cities of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Your entitled to do just that.  Doesn’t bother me any and I don’t even care why you feel that way.  Whatever floats your boat as long as you truly love your O’s!   Lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Weams vehemently rooted against the Pirates because of the "We Are Family" dudes takin' it to the Orioles in '79.  He never got over that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1