Kevin Brown

Srey

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

The problem is that Wagner has never been paired with Olson.  Only Arnold has for these last few games.  Per last night Olsen doesn’t know when he will be back.  Wagner has been doing the radio with Brett Hollander.

Thank you for that.  I obviously got the names mixed up. And yes, I remember Olsen saying that he didn’t know when he’d be back, they are obviously obviously fill-ins while the other guys are doing other things.

37 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

I'm sorry that our PBP guy doesn't have Morgan Freeman's iconic voice. Damn him for not being Morgan Freeman.

Incredible.

Oy.

If you like Brown, that’s fine. I have explained ad nauseam why I don’t. And it’s pretty silly to make such a statement as you just did.

• 2 weeks later...

We have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to analysts, commentators, play by play folks.

Kevin Brown, Geoff Arnold, Ben Wagner, Jim Palmer, Ben McDonald, even Melanie Newman is starting to get better (I know she's polarizing, but I like her). Brett Hollander is solid. Brad Brach is great. Brian Roberts is decent. 

Rob Long is OK as an analyst. I do like how he's come around on analytics. 

There are definitely some duds. Scott Garceau is easily the worst. La Canfora isn't great.

3 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

We have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to analysts, commentators, play by play folks.

Kevin Brown, Geoff Arnold, Ben Wagner, Jim Palmer, Ben McDonald, even Melanie Newman is starting to get better (I know she's polarizing, but I like her). Brett Hollander is solid. Brad Brach is great. Brian Roberts is decent. 

Rob Long is OK as an analyst. I do like how he's come around on analytics. 

There are definitely some duds. Scott Garceau is easily the worst. La Canfora isn't great.

I don't think LaCanfora is on MASN any more, which is a good thing.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Last play of the game on 6/26 v CLE;  “Kimbrel pitches, Noel chases and no more “L’s” for the Orioles.”  How does he do it on the spur of the moment? Amazing!

Not trying to take anything away from Kevin, but I get the feeling as part of his preparation for any game or series, he stashes a few puns just off the side of his scorebook to use if - and only if - the situation comes into play.   This just shows me he's a true pro, and that he takes the prep seriously.  

Are some of them completely spontaneous?  Certainly, I'm sure.  Punsters gonna pun!  

So glad he's back from his ESPN sojourn.  Get Palmer back and the broadcasts will be even better.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ChipTait said:

Not trying to take anything away from Kevin, but I get the feeling as part of his preparation for any game or series, he stashes a few puns just off the side of his scorebook to use if - and only if - the situation comes into play.   This just shows me he's a true pro, and that he takes the prep seriously.  

Are some of them completely spontaneous?  Certainly, I'm sure.  Punsters gonna pun!  

So glad he's back from his ESPN sojourn.  Get Palmer back and the broadcasts will be even better.

Big Ben will be back tonight. I assume we'll see Palmer back at some point within the next couple of weeks.

15 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

LaCanfora was a sucking up to John Angelos and now that he's longer around his MASN career is over. (Thank God)

100% JLC was on MASN because of his friendship with JA. It's certainly wasn't because he brought anything to the table as an analyst and his voice is like nails down a chalkboard. He's literally made he 105.7 drive home impossible to listen to, and that's ashamed because Ken and Tim Barbalace are pretty good overall.

• Upvote 1